Wireless not working/slow

Antoni

Hi guys,

Just bought my PC. Everything is great aside from the fact that my internet is running like a bag of [mess].

I have a WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD.

I seen another topic regarding this card and posters were saying the antennas would not have shipped installed. This however has indeed been the case for myself. The antennas are poking out the back of my PC as I type. I am getting a measly 0.82-1.8mbps on a 100mb broadband connection.

Every other device that is connected to my internet is working perfectly fine. If anyone could suss out a fix for this it would greatly appreicated as a new £1000 PC is kinda useless without decent internet :D

Thanks.

Edit: My router is a mere 4 metres from my pc with only a couch in the way of it. No steel beams or concrete and, again, no other devices have any issues.

Antoni

Last edited by a moderator:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Have you connected the antennas? They will be in the welcome pack box with all the other bits.

paul1224

Might be worth connecting via ethernet just to make sure definitely a wireless only issue.

I would make sure all drivers are updated via Windows if on W10. If they are and no further updates are available I would check to see if there are any further manufacturer drivers for the wireless card or any in your PCS account as it may just be a driver issue.

AntChu

Hi guys,

Just bought my PC. Everything is great aside from the fact that my internet is running like a bag of [mess].

I have a WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD.

I seen another topic regarding this card and posters were saying the antennas would not have shipped installed. This however has indeed been the case for myself. The antennas are poking out the back of my PC as I type. I am getting a measly 0.82-1.8mbps on a 100mb broadband connection.

Every other device that is connected to my internet is working perfectly fine. If anyone could suss out a fix for this it would greatly appreicated as a new £1000 PC is kinda useless without decent internet :D

Thanks.

Edit: My router is a mere 4 metres from my pc with only a couch in the way of it. No steel beams or concrete and, again, no other devices have any issues.

Antoni

I'm having exactly the same issue. The antenna were already installed for me.
I have the same network card as you, and the internet on my PC is so slow it is non-existent.
The wifi on all my other devices are fine.

I was wondering whether you had any update regarding how you solved the issue?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm having exactly the same issue. The antenna were already installed for me.
I have the same network card as you, and the internet on my PC is so slow it is non-existent.
The wifi on all my other devices are fine.

I was wondering whether you had any update regarding how you solved the issue?
Same advice as above, first connect to LAN and make sure all windows updates are applied, then try connecting via WiFi again.

AntChu

Thanks for the quick reply.
Unfortunately I cannot connect a ethernet cable to my pc as my only router is downstairs, and my pc is upstairs.

Regarding the advice of updating my drivers via windows 10 only, how do i uninstall the drivers that psc already installed for this network card?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unfortunately I cannot connect a ethernet cable to my pc as my only router is downstairs, and my pc is upstairs.

Regarding the advice of updating my drivers via windows 10 only, how do i uninstall the drivers that psc already installed for this network card?
You don't need to uninstall anything, just run windows updates and keep checking for updates until it's completed.

Just wondering, how many bars signal do you have?

AntChu

I've had to install all available windows updates using my mobile hotspot as my wifi was too weak.
I had 3 bars out of 4.
Currently restarting pc to check how the wifi is now.
The internet is still very slow as before.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

Temporarily move the PC. It's very important to prove the issues are wireless related and connecting via cable is the only way to do that.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
This wireless card is a very poor choice IMO. I would always recommend the AX200 as the stock card for £8 isn't worth much.

The fact that the wireless hotspot was working would suggest that it's the signal strength that's the issue. There are a number of advanced configuration options on Wifi cards but you really need to be knowledgeable about what to change before delving in there.

I would probably purchase a USB dongle that has 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz options. Either that or replace the card with an AX200, which has all those options covered as well.