Wondering about FPS in BF3 on my new build

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
Hi all,

I've just ordered the below, and wondering what kind of FPS i'll get on BF3 1920x1080 on ultra settings.

Asus P8Z68-V
i7 2700k @ 5ghz
2GB AMD HD 6970 - may O/C this or get another for crossfire after Xmas
8gb Kingston hyper X

Thanks

NilSatis

Bright Spark
The games engine is very well optimised; and the game looks very, very good. Hardware needed to run this game was overhyped slightly before launch and the end result is that it will run flawlessly; I have an unlocked 6950 2gb; which gets similar results to a 6970 with a small overclock. You will get fantastic performance with that system lol. I also have a 2500k @4.6ghz so little under your spec on that too. Same amount/type of ram. I get between 38(under the most extreme conditions)-58 fps on all ultra settings with msaa which is a performance killer and imo doesnt look great at that resolution; take it off for a cleaner look and it will run from 55-65fps on my card. Bet you cant wait?! :) From the benchmarks I have seen, the 6970 runs the 580 reasonably close price/performance wise on BF3.
These should help:

6970 performance
crossfire 6970s 2600k

Enjoy your rig.

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
The games engine is very well optimised; and the game looks very, very good. Hardware needed to run this game was overhyped slightly before launch and the end result is that it will run flawlessly; I have an unlocked 6950 2gb; which gets similar results to a 6970 with a small overclock. You will get fantastic performance with that system lol. I also have a 2500k @4.6ghz so little under your spec on that too. Same amount/type of ram. I get between 38(under the most extreme conditions)-58 fps on all ultra settings with msaa which is a performance killer and imo doesnt look great at that resolution; take it off for a cleaner look and it will run from 55-65fps on my card. Bet you cant wait?! :) From the benchmarks I have seen, the 6970 runs the 580 reasonably close price/performance wise on BF3.
These should help:

6970 performance
crossfire 6970s 2600k

Enjoy your rig.

Thanks, really appreciate your response.
Very excited about the system and yeah I can't wait. Poor PCS customer services receiving emails from me every 2 days for status updates lol - just hope it comes next week now for SWTOR Beta weekend too ;)

thanks again