Worth upgrading current build or getting a new build?

RyanJew

Bought my PC late 2016 and have used it almost every day since. It is quite outdated and is starting to struggle on games and general use. Wondering if its worth upgrading this at all or getting a new build completely.

Current build:
Case Game Max Centurion Gaming Case
Processor Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz
Motherboard Asus H110M-A/M.2
RAM Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2x16GB 2133MHz
Graphics Card Nvidia GTX 1060-3GB

Budget for upgrade is around £1000 or buying new I may push up to £2500.
Any advice appreciated.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Is this a PCS system? We can only comment on PCS builds, past/present/future :)

I wouldn't personally upgrade that system though. It's on a poor platform to begin with and doesn't open itself to meaningful upgrades. By the time you upgraded the board, CPU, RAM & GPU you're pretty much at a new system anyway.

If you want help with configuring a system from PCS let us know. Have a look here for some tips and to see the information we would require from you to get started:

RyanJew

Is this a PCS system? We can only comment on PCS builds, past/present/future :)

I wouldn't personally upgrade that system though. It's on a poor platform to begin with and doesn't open itself to meaningful upgrades. By the time you upgraded the board, CPU, RAM & GPU you're pretty much at a new system anyway.

If you want help with configuring a system from PCS let us know. Have a look here for some tips and to see the information we would require from you to get started:

Ok, thanks.