WoW Cataclysm Release Date

Sweeney47

Release date has been announced by Activision to be the 7th December... time to start booking that time off work guys :cool:

linkage

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
It only seems like yesterday I was waiting in Tesco's infront of the store room, for the stroke of midnight, for the magical man that came walking out of that door, wheeling a cart that seemed to glisten in the low light, with a beautiful red aurora radiating all around. Only for me to laugh at all the sad fools who would still have to install the game while my PC was already sat on the login page because I was clever enough to pre-order from Play ;)

Sweeney47

its not really much of an install though is it? They release the content prior to launch, leaving you to only need to apply the cdkey, unless my memory is faulting. Which is why I so joyfully had to download a 5GB+ patch :(

Gorman

Author Level
In order to goto Outland / Northrend on release you had to have it installed, and couldnt download it. The patches only gave compatability (Deathknight textures etc). Nowadays the entire client is availiable for download so your closer to the mark.

Kalisnoir is obviously kicking it old school with me.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Yeh, for Crusade you couldn't pre download or anything, only be smart to get it off a site like play who deliver their games a day early, meaning you could pre install it, but still have to wait till midnight before you could log on.

I cant remember for Lich king if you could pre download, but I pre ordered it off play anyway :p