xbox360 help

Everon

Enthusiast
You could have just used the Xbox360 "Cloud saved games" transfer service to move your save files. This wont move DLC content but that can be re-downloaded from your account on the new machine.

Jay.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Im using ethernet and theres no problems with the xbox its just that my internet is not the best so its laggy on the xbox360 and i think theres a way of changing some settings somewhere on you router to make the connection better for consoles?or if theres any other ways of making the connection better.sorry i might not have worded the first question right if you you/steaky didnt fully understand what i mean

steaky360

You shouldn't have a bad connection using an Ethernet cable...

Changing the channel is for wireless only. Is your Internet slow? Or just the 360?

EDIT:

Ah right, I think I understand now.

Microsoft support has a page to help with connection issues (speed etc.) http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live/connecting/performance But it doesn't talk about changing router settings etc. to improve console gaming. I personally have not heard of anything like that before (but I have not had issues myself). If I find anything I'll let you know!

Have you tried opening your DNS? (I'm sure that is one of the things the xbox suggests if you 'test your connection')

You should be able to do that through your router settings if you log into it via your PC

Last edited:

jonny123

Bright Spark
My internet (On the computer) isnt too bad but i dont think its that good and it often lags on the xbox360.Sometimes ill have decent connection and i can play fine but then every now and then it just starts lagging realy bad.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Yeh i think that was what i did last time (Or something simular) with logging onto my router settings and chaged a few settings,how do you get onto the router settings though i forgot?

steaky360

What sort of router do you have?

Sometimes its by typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your browser.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Its a bt router (Says on it home hub 3) not sure about anything other than that though.
None of those worked in my browser btw.says problem loading page.

steaky360

According to google its http://bthomehub.home You will need your admin username and password. If you've not changed them before them might be in the documentation you received with your router, or you could try U: admin Pw: admin (but be careful as this could lock you out if it is incorrect).

steaky360

Ok im on there now im going to try see if i can find any settings related to XBL or improving connection

You wont find any settings directly relating to XBL, or at least they wont be called anything obvious. I wouldn't change too much unless you are confident you know what you are doing.

Your best bet would be to search google until you are reminded of the setting you remember reading about. I cant be sure what you'll need to change unfortunately. I vaguely remember something about DNS but I'm not sure at all :( sorry.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Yeah i know thats what im looking for :p ive found a video but my router is differnt and i cant find the dns settings that he has on hes screen so im just looking for that atm

jonny123

Bright Spark
Hmm was just about to post here that i cant find the same settings as last time (My prevoious router i changed the settings on it and it dramasticaly changed my connection settings on the 360).Such a shame you cant on this bt one :S.
Anyways i think ill have to put up with the lag unless anyone knows any other suggestions?
And thanks aswell steaky :) +Reped for the help

steaky360

More than welcome, shame it couldn't be easily sorted - someone else might post a solution though if they see the thread!

jonny123

Bright Spark
Yeah hopefully,I might ring BT and see if they know any settings that can be changed to help because the last time i phoned talktalk when i was with them about my connection they told me to go onto the router settings and told me to change some settings so BT might give some reccomendations too.

Everon

Enthusiast
You cannot change the DNS in the BT Homehub3 as it is locked by BT. The only method i have read of is to "unlock" your HH3 with a firmware change.

You can possibly find more info on that in the Official BT Infinity forums or by looking here: http://www.psidoc.com/forum.php

Personally i do not recommend doing this and the general advice on the BT forums is to get a different router to replace your HH3. Best to look up alternatives on google if your wanting to take that route (could be costly)

I have an xbox360 through my HH3b using wireless with the stock inbuilt settings and i have had no problems whatsoever with online play or streaming movies. Perhaps you have a faulty Homehub3?

Jay.

Wake

Silver Level Poster
I have a HH3 and am shortly going to get the Netgear, with its issues, from under the stairs. For wireless, even with Infinity 2, the HH3 is a piece of rubbish.

Wake

Silver Level Poster
Anyone know how to repair an XBox 360 door thing that intermittently refuses to open or know of the likely cause. I press it, it makes a noise and nothing happens. When it warms up the door opens and shuts ok. This evening I have had the terrible inconvenience of having to move one of them downstairs whilst the one in the living room lies in pieces on the table:(