xbox360 help

Anyone know how to repair an XBox 360 door thing that intermittently refuses to open or know of the likely cause. I press it, it makes a noise and nothing happens. When it warms up the door opens and shuts ok. This evening I have had the terrible inconvenience of having to move one of them downstairs whilst the one in the living room lies in pieces on the table:(

360 of them?

Wake

Silver Level Poster
nah - about 13. I'd just buy another but the PC broke the other day, washing machine packed up Sunday and I've ordered a new laptop here. At this rate I'll only just be able to afford my 2 WoW subscriptions and if things get real bad I'll be forced to sell my toons to pay for all these electronics:( I guess I could sell the wife's toons first and see how much I got for them.

Yeah, my washing machine went down the other day, by mine obviously I mean the wifes. the fan belt had come off the motor and with it being a retarded build where the back panel is actually 3 sides bolted onto the front I had to fight to get the top off then contort my hand to struggle for 30 mins getting the belt back in place.

imagine my rage when it came off again as soon as it was turned on again.

I've given up and will be getting a new one instead.

steaky360

Is it an old style 360 or a slimline? If its old style you could try the following http://www.ehow.com/how_6810051_repair-dvd-rom-not-open.html I do like how it says to contact support after tearing the console opens which I fear voids the warranty lol. Also here http://www.ehow.com/how_5756730_fix-dvd-drive-xbox-360.html

I was fortunate to be able to return my old Xbox for a new one recently and have not experienced these issues myself (its a new slim model though so might be more irritating if it does). Good luck!

Wake

Silver Level Poster
The kids are not playing 360 as much now though we route netflix and stuff through them round the house. The problem with them is they are too noisy to watch anything. I'm not paying for a repair as it is the old model and was thinking that if it went I'd get one of those x51 things for the tv instead.