xbox360 help

jonny123

Bright Spark
So ive had a normal xbox360 with a externall hdd used as a hardrive and it has my game saves etc on there and ive just bought the new slim console and ive downloaded my account but all my game saves are still on the ext hdd and i need them on my xbox360 slims hdd,Any ideas on how to transfer them?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I believe you can do it on standard usb sticks but you would have to have both xboxs set up otherwise it would take forever.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok thanks ill have a look around and i will hopefully find a solution,If not ill just have to buy a transer cable.
Thanks

jonny123

Bright Spark
Well i have the original xbox and the new one with the external hdd so you mean i could just use a memery pen or what do you mean by a standered usb stick?

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
You could just format a pen drive on the xbox so it can be used as a memory unit, then copy your game saves to the pen drive, and then onto the new xbox? (I think you need to be signed into your profile to copy/move your gamesaves though: your profile can also be moved to the main hdd to the pendrive and then onto the new xbox as well).

steaky360

I can't believe I did not think of that! I genuinely forgot about pen drive memory cards :)

Have you transferred all the downloads etc already? Not sure you can do that via USB stick.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok thanks ill give that a go later,Ill have to try find all the files on my normal 360 then see where to put it on my new 360 but i was hoping you could do it with a memery pen :p

jonny123

Bright Spark
No i havent transfered anything,All i have on my new 360 is the account,I havent downloaded anything from XBL market place anyway so it wont matter :)

steaky360

Ah right well if you have no DLC etc. then you should be ok to transfer saves etc. through the pen drive. I think it is set up to make it all pretty simple (you just tell it to transfer game saves and it does the rest itself - ie finding where to put them etc.)

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I remember when I had this problem I had to put everything onto a USB (I think it only let's you do something stupid like 8 or 16gb at a time) and then I had to unplug my xbox, plug in my new one, transfer everything back, unplug my new one, plug in my old one, move everything again, unplug, etc etc.

In the end I moved just my really important saves, didn't move any downloads and stuff and then just transferred it once. Things like downloads can be re-downloaded for free if you're signed into your profile and most games I actually enjoyed starting again xD

jonny123

Bright Spark
My game saves are already saved on to a portable hdd so i could just plug that into the new 360 and move them over to the new hdd?

jonny123

Bright Spark
All done now thanks everyone for the help :)
Just plugged in the external hard drive and found that drive in the storage section and it had a option to transfer everything to the new hdd :).

jonny123

Bright Spark
Another question,My connection on the 360 isnt the best and i rember there being a way of making it better ? (I cant rember how i just rember you can do it by changing your router details or something?) does anyone know any ways?

steaky360

I'm not sure what you mean. You could try lots of things, if your neighbours have wireless and are using the same channel as you that may cause interference so changing your channel might help. The 360 slim is wireless n too, if your router is not wireless n this wont help much though I don't think.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Another question,My connection on the 360 isnt the best and i rember there being a way of making it better ? (I cant rember how i just rember you can do it by changing your router details or something?) does anyone know any ways?

All I can think of is rather than using wireless you plug it into your router with an ethernet cable. Or if it's too far away get a set of Homeplugs. However, I have the slim and I've never had troubles with my wireless connection so I am unsure what you mean.