YaY! Quick questions

Bluluke

So PCS have added the drivers on here and I have downloaded them no problems. But 2 drivers wont install and 1 I'm not sure what to click:

The first 2 that wont install are Intel rapid start and a raid 0 driver the intel rapid start comes up with an error saying "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run this software" and the raid 0 one I cant run at all because the file type is weird I think its .OEM.

and finally the bloothtooth driver, I have the wireless killer n 1103 wireless card but 3 options come up they are Intel, RTL8188CE and RTL8723AE

any idea? thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's not alwasy necessary to install every driver on the disk, only those for hardware and features you actually have. The Intel Rapid Start feature obviously doesn't exist on your laptop, and I doubt that you're running your hard disks in a RAID configuration (do you have more than one hard disk?) so you don't need to install the RAID drivers.

The Killer 1103 driver can be found at http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/resources/driverdownloads/

SuperMeggido

The 1103 Killer Wireless card does not have Bluetooth! You need an external bluetooth dongle or another wireless card, the 1202 Killer Wireless card does have Bluetooth

Bluluke

Ok thanks one more thing. There was a driver called NVIDIA 3D vision controller do I need that I dont have a NVIDIA GPU. And I have Intel Rapid storage should I keep that?

SuperMeggido

If you do not have a Nvidia GPU for your laptop/PC then any drivers related to Nvidia are not needed as they are only for use with Nvidia GPU's. You should, if supplied with, use I guess the Amd drivers if you have an AMD GPU. If you only have an integrated GPU then you only need to install the driver for that and that's it. In regards to the Intel Rapid Storage you should definitly keep it, if you have an SSD even more so. It is a program that will start when starting your laptop/PC that will check the state of your connected hard drives. In addition to seeing their statues you can use it to change some options to increase their efficiency and so on. The only draw back is that it does make your start up somewhat slower (however if you have a SSD you won't notice it). By how much slower I never tested, as I wanted it regardless.

Last edited: