Yo what's crackin'?

I ordered a Vortex III 15.6" laptop a couple of days back

Are you guys ready? I am. I seriously cannot wait to get it home. I'll post a complete unboxing once It's here.

Chassis & Display
Vortex Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3630QM (2.40GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675MX - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Hard Disk
250GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1202 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N + BLUETOOTH 4.0
USB Options
3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x European Power Lead & 180W AC Adaptor
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence (£139)

I'll be the king of LAN-parties once this puppy's home, dontcha think? <3

DannyJo

Looks good, second hdd feels a bit small though, I would probably have gone for at least 500gb but I don't know your needs. I've not been to a LAN party in many years, I used to arrange a few when I was younger though :)

Looks good, second hdd feels a bit small though, I would probably have gone for at least 500gb but I don't know your needs. I've not been to a LAN party in many years, I used to arrange a few when I was younger though :)

Well that's mainly just for .txt and .docx files (school work, you know), I have an external hard drive for bigger files. The SSD is for 1 or 2 games that I play more than others. Get into LAN again man, beer and CS:S or DotA/HoN/LoL really ****ing owns :D

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
CRAKALACKIN MAN!

Spec looks good, i assume your getting rid of the DVD Drive in replacement of a second HD bay. if you are doing this however i would get a faster 7200 RPM HD, you will notice a great increase in loading times with anything installed on it.

If it was me i would ditch the SSD and just go with the 7200RPM 500GB, thats the set up and my loading times on windows 8 are great.

Id also make sure you picked the silver warranty its and extra £5 but gives you a years collect and return incase you need it.

Hope this helps :)

CRAKALACKIN MAN!

Spec looks good, i assume your getting rid of the DVD Drive in replacement of a second HD bay. if you are doing this however i would get a faster 7200 RPM HD, you will notice a great increase in loading times with anything installed on it.

If it was me i would ditch the SSD and just go with the 7200RPM 500GB, thats the set up and my loading times on windows 8 are great.

Id also make sure you picked the silver warranty its and extra £5 but gives you a years collect and return incase you need it.

Hope this helps :)

Yeah I did. I need it to boot quickly though, and I really like the idea of having an SSD. I'm considering upgrading it to a 7200 rpm 500GB when I need it.

EDIT: The HDD, that is.

Last edited: