Z590 boards to look at and to avoid, for those crazy enough to go with Intel

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
The power difference between stock and OC on that 11900K still makes me go :eek:

An interesting video I must say - but I dislike PCB Backside results and would rather see some components temperatures instead in the manner that GN do such tests. Nonetheless seeing that ASRock board getting to 112 degrees just on the rear PCB surface would scare me to death! 🔥

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The power difference between stock and OC on that 11900K still makes me go :eek:

An interesting video I must say - but I dislike PCB Backside results and would rather see some components temperatures instead in the manner that GN do such tests. Nonetheless seeing that ASRock board getting to 112 degrees just on the rear PCB surface would scare me to death! 🔥
It’s very concerning. ASRock often have some of the best performing boards so it would be an educated guess that their entry level boards would be of good quality. As they say in the sign off, this is tantamount to being intentionally misleading on their part, and one has to wonder what makes them think it’s acceptable to even put it on the shelf.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
It’s very concerning. ASRock often have some of the best performing boards so it would be an educated guess that their entry level boards would be of good quality. As they say in the sign off, this is tantamount to being intentionally misleading on their part, and one has to wonder what makes them think it’s acceptable to even put it on the shelf.
Yes he summed it up well really. Those sort of temperatures - when you consider they aren't even the VRM component temperatures - are just plain unacceptable. And the average consumer who that board is aimed at likely wouldn't realise it at all until it's far too late....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes he summed it up well really. Those sort of temperatures - when you consider they aren't even the VRM component temperatures - are just plain unacceptable. And the average consumer who that board is aimed at likely wouldn't realise it at all until it's far too late....
Absolutely.