Zen 3 Ryzen 9 5900x/5950x

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I managed to modify my order to have the 5900x, also removed my 3080 and used the extra funds to upgrade my motherboard to the Rog Strix X570, a bigger HDD, and a better class SSD.

I was also hoping I could fast track my order now that I'm no longer awaiting the 3080 but am greeted with the following message:
Unfortunately we cannot offer a priority delivery service on this specification because the following items are currently pre-sold and new inventories may not arrive in time to ensure a fast-track/priority dispatch:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)

If the items have only just gone live, how are they 'pre-sold?'
There was no way to preorder these that I'm aware of.

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
I think it is because on their system it is saying ETA for the 5900x is tomorrow. I am guessing they mean they are pre-selling them before they arrive physically with them so they wont upgrade. I think the clock starts ticking at time of order on a fast track and they lose time waiting for the items to arrive. Maybe keep an eye on it tomorrow for the ETA message to disappear from the configurator and then try it again.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I think it is because on their system it is saying ETA for the 5900x is tomorrow. I am guessing they mean they are pre-selling them before they arrive physically with them so they wont upgrade. I think the clock starts ticking at time of order on a fast track and they lose time waiting for the items to arrive. Maybe keep an eye on it tomorrow for the ETA message to disappear from the configurator and then try it again.

That makes sense I guess if tomorrow’s the system date.

It depends when they are expecting stock on them...for example, the 3090 GPU went live over a week before stock was due to be delivered (as far as I recall). Also bear in mind that you cannot choose fast-track if you have chosen any of the 3000 series GPUs or if you have selected the 850w RMx PSU

It was my understanding that today is release day so all of the distributors should have stock of these ready to sell? Otherwise surely it’s a preorder as they don’t physically have the goods?

Also no RTX cards and I changed psu the other week.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Update:
I have just spoken to PCS to ask the above question, they stated that the CPU's cannot be fast tracked; They have 'some' stock but not enough to cover all of the orders that have come through.
I checked my order and everything is in stock other than the CPU, apparently these are being allocated based on when the order for the CPU was placed (mine was done at 2pm so fingers crossed).

Guess this will be a good test of how good AMD are at stock compared to Nvidia with their graphics cards; It may be telling for the Big Navi launch? ;)

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Ooooh interesting... I put down my order for my new PC with the Ryzen 5900X around 2:15 PM today.
Hopefully I'll get the initial stock! I've noticed in the builder they are marked 'pre-order only' now.
My plan was to amend my order on the 18th to add the RX 5800 XT, since it is marked 13-15 working days build time.
I imagine i'll be lucky to get both the new CPU and GPU on the first run... These things sell out fast! :confused:

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Does ammending your order move your postion in the que. or do you still keep the same position??

Or is this dependant on what you are waiting for.

Say you placed an order for a random gpu just before release of a new gpu, then uupgraded just after release would you be at the front of the que???

kozuki

Enthusiast
Does ammending your order move your postion in the que. or do you still keep the same position??

Or is this dependant on what you are waiting for.

Say you placed an order for a random gpu just before release of a new gpu, then uupgraded just after release would you be at the front of the que???
I believe if you swap the whole GPU, you get placed into a new queue, because it's a whole different item, can't have the same queue

Gavras

Master Poster
Ooooh interesting... I put down my order for my new PC with the Ryzen 5900X around 2:15 PM today.
Hopefully I'll get the initial stock! I've noticed in the builder they are marked 'pre-order only' now.
My plan was to amend my order on the 18th to add the RX 5800 XT, since it is marked 13-15 working days build time.
I imagine i'll be lucky to get both the new CPU and GPU on the first run... These things sell out fast! :confused:
That’s likely to be a smart move looking at latest reviews etc.

the worst would be having an Intel waiting for a 3080.

looks like extra performance with latest AMD CPU coupled with their latest gfx card.

ability to use PCie 4.0 and a CPU with an upgrade path, and potentially not as delayed as other gfx cards.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I believe if you swap the whole GPU, you get placed into a new queue, because it's a whole different item, can't have the same queue
Not sure this is accurate, you won't lose your place in the queue unless you entirely change platforms say from AMD to Intel.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I see, however maybe the best thing would be to ask PCS directly as this probably can go either way
Asking PCS is the ONLY way to get reliable information. NOBODY on here (except for PCS staff of course) knows what happens inside PCS. At best all anyone knows is what PCS tell them about their own build.

I've asked this before on another thread; please ONLY post what you know to be true. Don't speculate, don't extrapolate, and above all don't pass your opinions off as facts. There will soon come a point where we will have to start deleting posts that do speculate etc. in order to prevent rumours starting or false impressions being given.

kozuki

Enthusiast
Asking PCS is the ONLY way to get reliable information. NOBODY on here (except for PCS staff of course) knows what happens inside PCS. At best all anyone knows is what PCS tell them about their own build.

I've asked this before on another thread; please ONLY post what you know to be true. Don't speculate, don't extrapolate, and above all don't pass your opinions off as facts. There will soon come a point where we will have to start deleting posts that do speculate etc. in order to prevent rumours starting or false impressions being given.
Sorry, that is exactly what I wanted to convey there :)

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I imagine its the same for GPU as it is for CPU.
PCS have advised priority goes to when the order came in so if you ordered the card/cpu as soon as it launched (even if you 'amended' your order), you should be one of the first in line to receive it.
That's what PCS said anyway.

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Just thought I would check on mine that went through about 2:05 yesterday. Aparently the CPUs are not yet in stock (5900x in my case) but are due to arrive in the next few days with plenty of stock to cover the orders yesterday from what I was told. Am very pleased I checked because I had ordered the RMx 850w PSU which is apparently out of stock until the end of November, so was strongly advised to change which I have done to the RMx 750w PSU.

So if any one placed an order yesterday for an RMx 850w the system said nothing during the order about the stock I hope this helps.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Just thought I would check on mine that went through about 2:05 yesterday. Aparently the CPUs are not yet in stock (5900x in my case) but are due to arrive in the next few days with plenty of stock to cover the orders yesterday from what I was told. Am very pleased I checked because I had ordered the RMx 850w PSU which is apparently out of stock until the end of November, so was strongly advised to change which I have done to the RMx 750w PSU.

So if any one placed an order yesterday for an RMx 850w the system said nothing during the order about the stock I hope this helps.
Its weird the PSU stock for the 850 as everytime you do an order with this PSU you don't get anything saying its out of stock, both 1000w are greyed out currently and other components if out of stock will say when you click proceed.

I'm waiting on a build with a 850 but a 3080 too and never got any emails regarding the 850 stock though mine entered the build stage ages ago so possibly the PSU is already in place.

No idea, I have emailed then to see what actually has been built and what currently is out of stock on my build, hopefully I hear today as I emailed Tuesday.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster

They emailed everyone who 'had' ordered these a few days ago, I imagine you would have received an automated email during the next stock check otherwise. It shouldn't really be listed on the config imo.

MartyF

Ordered mine at 2pm yesterday, without a GPU as didn't want to wait any longer for a 3080. 🤞 it comes from the initial stock.

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered mine at 2pm yesterday, without a GPU as didn't want to wait any longer for a 3080. 🤞 it comes from the initial stock.

Likewise ordered without graphics, so am ordering the following from Amazon later (PCS out of stock for a while on 1660 Supers) a MSI GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS XS OC Graphics Card '6GB GDDR6 which as I am not a AAA gamer hope that it will work fine for a while and then when the dust settles on the AMD launch will probably upgrade to the 6900XT card and then sell the 1660 on eBay. Thankfully the 750W PSU will be fine as according to PCS my current build is 360W so with 300 on top for the AMD card 660W which fits I think nicely.

grrrrrowl

Damn I did the same (no GPU)! I even ordered with the cheapest 4Gb RAM so I can replace it when I know what is best on the 5900X. Ended up having to order with the overpriced 1000W ROG Strix PSU though.

It's moved to pre-production today, not ordered a build in many years so not sure if that means anything lol