Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Spoke to PCS through livechat, they advised stock is due 'imminently' but then said they don't know when they are receiving it or how many.
Other sites are quoting the end of november and I'm not happy to wait any longer so I asked what processors are in stock and was told they have plenty of the 5800x so I've 'downgraded' (basically the equivalent next gen cpu of my current system).
This should put me into build now but I'll await the build update email.

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Spoke to PCS through livechat, they advised stock is due 'imminently' but then said they don't know when they are receiving it or how many.
Other sites are quoting the end of november and I'm not happy to wait any longer so I asked what processors are in stock and was told they have plenty of the 5800x so I've 'downgraded' (basically the equivalent next gen cpu of my current system).

Interesting, if that is the case then the configurator is wrong as it shows the 5800x as pre-order only.

Crichton_123

Same position. Please let me know if you go into build as I may consider doing the same. Thanks MASK3D!

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I didn't enter build today despite all the assurances this morning.
Officially had enough and have now submitted a cancellation request and demanded a full refund.

Ordering a much better build with a competitor using my original 5900x and a delivery date of next Friday, actually spoke to them too via support channels and confirmed they had stock before hand.
Good luck to all of you that ride this out, but for me I don't think I will be ordering from PCS again (n)

owebru

That sucks dude, good luck with it either way. At the risk of putting a downer on it mine has just moved to the 'In testing' phase. Keeping in mind mine has been in the 'Building' phase for about a month at this point.

edit: This means that they must have received some 5900x's

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
That sucks dude, good luck with it either way. At the risk of putting a downer on it mine has just moved to the 'In testing' phase. Keeping in mind mine has been in the 'Building' phase for about a month at this point.

edit: This means that they must have received some 5900x's

Well I received the standard automated email this morning telling me my estimated build date was next Monday!
No response to my cancellation request yet. 🙄

On the flip side I’ve received confirmation of my new order to both my email and phone and it’s been sent to the production team to check and build.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
That's pretty quick work on your other order! Are you maintaining your cancellation?
I doubt this post will remain here for long, no doubt it'll be deleted despite it containing some home truths:

Yes I'm still looking to cancel my order, after submitting it I seriously debated it for some time whether I should just continue waiting or not but looking around the forum they are telling different people different things and it's just not acceptable.
Ordering a PC should not be this stressful but at this time I feel that I've basically thrown away £3k in the last month (Original figure so plus and minus all my amendments). I blame myself as I didn't bother searching around as my current rig is PCS and its been perfectly reliable and was obviously built well so I came directly here. :(

Since ordering I've swapped out multiple parts, ensured everything was in stock before ordering, dropped my 3080 as they said that was holding up my order, sat with a 3900xt for a while and only upgraded it to the 5900x as I was online on Launch day, I put my order in the moment it hit 2pm and confirmed after via livechat that PCS had stock but they stated they were allocated to those who put in early orders, despite no preordering being allowed for launch day products.

I've been told orders are coming in on the 13th and 16th, stock is due 'soon' and 'imminently', "there will be enough stock to cover all orders" which then changed to 'We don't know how much we will be receiving or when' and after that final statement that was when I said enough is enough. This isn't how you run a business and if you don't know when or how much stock you will be receiving for a product, maybe you shouldn't be taking peoples money and promising them it because 'eventually' is not an adequate timeframe for a circa £3k purchase. :mad:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I doubt this post will remain here for long, no doubt it'll be deleted despite it containing some home truths:

Yes I'm still looking to cancel my order, after submitting it I seriously debated it for some time whether I should just continue waiting or not but looking around the forum they are telling different people different things and it's just not acceptable.
Ordering a PC should not be this stressful but at this time I feel that I've basically thrown away £3k in the last month (Original figure so plus and minus all my amendments). I blame myself as I didn't bother searching around as my current rig is PCS and its been perfectly reliable and was obviously built well so I came directly here.

Since ordering I've swapped out multiple parts, ensured everything was in stock before ordering, dropped my 3080 as they said that was holding up my order, sat with a 3900xt for a while and only upgraded it to the 5900x as I was online on Launch day, I put my order in the moment it hit 2pm and confirmed after via livechat that PCS had stock but they stated they were allocated to those who put in early orders, despite no preordering being allowed for launch day products.

I've been told orders are coming in on the 13th and 16th, stock is due 'soon' and 'imminently', "there will be enough stock to cover all orders" which then changed to 'We don't know how much we will be receiving or when' and after that final statement that was when I said enough is enough. This isn't how you run a business and if you don't know when or how much stock you will be receiving for a product, maybe you shouldn't be taking peoples money and promising them it because 'eventually' is not an adequate timeframe for a circa £3k purchase.
I don't know how many times we can reiterate the same thing on this thread, it's getting quite tiring. You are not a magical case, this is literally the case for everyone in the world. People seem to be inherently clueless as to the current global situation.

I'm not going to repeat myself again and again.

It's a shame that you feel you have to cancel when you're obviously so close to the build date, but it's your prerogative, we're not going to try and stop you anymore than everyone has already.

And why is it that because someone pays £3k rather than £1500 they feel they're somehow more important? Monetary value has no impact on how your order is processed.

JPM

I believe people aren't necessarily unhappy because of the global stock issues, it's the constant stream of misinformation we get when we contact PCS. If they simply don't know, then I wish they were upfront about it. I've personally had multiple promises broken which has exacerbated the whole situation.

Also, I don't think anyone is suggesting that someone who pays a higher sum is more important than anyone else, but it doesn't take away from the fact that £3k is a lot of money. I'm in the same boat, though to be fair I'd be just as frustrated if I'd paid £500.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
I don't know how many times we can reiterate the same thing on this thread, it's getting quite tiring. You are not a magical case, this is literally the case for everyone in the world. People seem to be inherently clueless as to the current global situation.

I'm not going to repeat myself again and again.

It's a shame that you feel you have to cancel when you're obviously so close to the build date, but it's your prerogative, we're not going to try and stop you anymore than everyone has already.

And why is it that because someone pays £3k rather than £1500 they feel they're somehow more important? Monetary value has no impact on how your order is processed.
I've never said I'm a magical case nor do I feel I'm somehow more important than anyone regardless of how much I've spent, in fact I've amended most of my order to free up slots in the queue for others and have tried to help here numerous times, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I feel somewhat entitled; I'd feel the same whether I spent 3k or £300.

As for being 'so close to the build date', how do you know that? You aren't PCS staff as you point out time and time again yet here you are treating me like a spoiled child for being frustrated at misinformation and a lack of basic etiquette when it comes to customer service.
I was so close to the build date when I ordered 2 weeks ago, then a week ago, and so on; It's easy to blame the 'Global issues' but other suppliers have been receiving stock, other suppliers are able to keep their customers informed throughout the process.

Despite all the above though the key reason I've cancelled is because I realised that the PC that I will end up receiving is such a far cry from my original requested build that I might as well never have bothered ordering in the first place.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
I've never said I'm a magical case nor do I feel I'm somehow more important than anyone regardless of how much I've spent, in fact I've amended most of my order to free up slots in the queue for others and have tried to help here numerous times, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I feel somewhat entitled; I'd feel the same whether I spent 3k or £300.

As for being 'so close to the build date', how do you know that? You aren't PCS staff as you point out time and time again yet here you are treating me like a spoiled child for being frustrated at misinformation and a lack of basic etiquette when it comes to customer service.
I was so close to the build date when I ordered 2 weeks ago, then a week ago, and so on; It's easy to blame the 'Global issues' but other suppliers have been receiving stock, other suppliers are able to keep their customers informed throughout the process.

Despite all the above though the key reason I've cancelled is because I realised that the PC that I will end up receiving is such a far cry from my original requested build that I might as well never have bothered ordering in the first place.
Maybe you should actually write a complaint? Stock shortages are one thing, but broken promises are another, they shouldn't tell you a build date and then not stick to it. Perhaps the customer service people don't have the up to date information from the production team, which is an issue they should be aware of and resolve it.

I personally had very good experience with their customer service (quick switch from Intel to AMD, very fast answers to my questions on the live chat), however I never asked them about any dates as I was waiting for the 3080.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS themselves have repeatedly been on this thread and others and stated they can’t give any estimations, it’s just not possible because they have no idea when stocks are turning up.

We’ve stated this countless times but a small portion of you keep calling up every 5 minutes still expecting some sage like guru to be able to tell your future.

If I were any of you, I would follow @Voeille advice and just not be expectant at all of any build date and certainly don’t call up to check on stocks. You’re all in the same boat. Sit back, put on some anime, watch the birds in the garden, help out on the forums, sit back and chill.

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Just had notification through that mine has gone into build, got in just in time this morning and upgraded the graphics. Had not realised the 2070 Supers were back in stock until I read another thread so got itchy and upgraded from the 1660 Super to that. Should make all the difference with a 4k screen now.

Just for peoples tracking (ordered @ 14:01/14:02 on day of launch)

MartyF

Just had notification through that mine has gone into build, got in just in time this morning and upgraded the graphics. Had not realised the 2070 Supers were back in stock until I read another thread so got itchy and upgraded from the 1660 Super to that. Should make all the difference with a 4k screen now.

Just for peoples tracking (ordered @ 14:01/14:02 on day of launch)
Brilliant, I'm a few minutes behind you. Fingers crossed they have enough stock for me :)

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Brilliant, I'm a few minutes behind you. Fingers crossed they have enough stock for me :)

Fingers crossed for you.

I better get on an order the screen that goes with this so it is here for next week. The lady I spoke with by the way said that the current crop of 2070 Supers were on the whole Gigabyte ones so hopefully that is what will arrive with it.