Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

deemac65

Woo hoo, finally pulled the pin today (only took 4 months to decide!) Anyway 5950X / 3070 combo (so expecting MUCH pain and anguish ahead) - though at last I can stop pouring over the specs and reviews and move onto something else to drool over :)

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
1617783674071.png

Hello Paul

Bronze Level Poster
You've waited two weeks after April fools to post this?
I kid ye not! I just need to order some RAM (hopefully 4x 32GB units) now...been having conversations elsewhere on this forum about RAM speeds/availability/price/recommendations. If anyone wants to add their thoughts, I'm all ears!

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
You've waited two weeks after April fools to post this?
He ain't lyin' !!

I thought I was about to take the record but he beat me to it!!

Heres mine:

ggnHE68.jpg

[EDIT 1] OMG :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Just remembered that PCS were supposed to change my placeholder case to the O11 Dynamic XL ROG in Black that they use for their Liquid Series but which afaik is still not in stock. So unless they just got a delivery of those cases too, my order may have gone to building in the placeholder case instead of the one I told PCS I actually want!!

[EDIT 2] Still, this is great news even if my order gets pulled back out of the Build Queue to wait for the delivery of the O11 Dynamic XL cases to PCS because at least it means all the other components of my order are in stock and likely reserved now by sitting waiting in the corner of the Build assembly room in the placeholder case waiting to be transferred into the O11 when its back in stock.

[EDIT 3] Sorted!! Got in contact with CSA Martin W. He replied almost immediately. I confirmed the desired switch from placeholder case to the O11. He submitted the amendment. I went to my account page and paid for the case upgrade/sub-order. Martin then confirmed that they were able to organise the case very quickly and that it shouldn't delay my build much if at all.

(In other words, PCS likely just got a fresh delivery of O11's or a delivery is imminent.)

Top class service from PCS. All my email and phone conversations with Martin and Hussain and myriad of order amendments I've made since I submitted the original order on April Fools day have been dealt with efficiently, promptly and to my complete satisfaction. I won't hesitate in recommending PCS to others going forward.

Last edited:

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Actually now is the time to order a PC if you don't want a 3080. 99.9% of the orders PCS are trying to build are probably 3080s and therefore most of the builders are sat around just waiting for a non 3080 build to come in so they can build it straight away!