Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Much like the RTX3080 thread I thought it would be nice to have a thread to see when the new CPUs are arriving and being dispatched.

Heres my template:
Original order date: October 7th 2020 09:02
Modified: November 5th 2020 2pm
CPU: 5900X
No GPU build, confirmed all parts in stock (awaiting CPU).

Worth checking the local stock informer sites: https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-amd-ryzen-5000-zen-3-cpu

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
Please remember that these numbers may very much be distorted by the NVidia stock issue, whilst you may not have that particular stock issue I suspect there may be quite a few with both the new Zen CPUs and the NVidia 3000 series.
Also as ever I suspect only a small amount of people ordering ever post on the forums.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Yes, this is purely to demonstrate when these CPUs appear to come into stock/be dispatched, every order is different and it may be worth determining if any other parts are out of stock on your order. (y)

grrrrrowl

Ordered a 5900X build at 2.02pm Nov 5th. All other items in stock (no GPU build). Had an automated email over the weekend with an estimated build date of 30th Nov.

yossarian01603

Original order date: 19th October
Modified: November 5th 2020 @ 2pm on the dot
GPU: 3080 Strix

Given the above, not expecting my order any time soon sadly

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Same as @grrrrrowl & @Mask3d . Order confirmation 14:02 on the 5th and was told on the following day that everything apart from the CPU & PSU was in stock which was due in the next couple of days and to amend my PSU as that was not due until the end of November otherwise my build would be delayed which I did.

Email received at the weekend with a ETA build on the 30th November.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Ordered a 5900X build at 2.02pm Nov 5th. All other items in stock (no GPU build). Had an automated email over the weekend with an estimated build date of 30th Nov.
Yeah not sure those automated emails are at all reliable but mine gave me an estimated build date of November 16th.

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah not sure those automated emails are at all reliable but mine gave me an estimated build date of November 16th.

Yes the impression I got from the lady I spoke with was that mine would be built way before then. Incidentally none of the dates on the ones I had for my laptop were accurate, both times it gave me a date before they were even due to be instock.....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS have advised everyone to disregard the automated emails, the system can't cope with the issues related to NVidia stocks.

owebru

Original order 26/09/20, went on hold whilst in ‘Building’ phase on 06/10/20 to await release of Ryzen 5000 chips.

Modified order on 05/11/20 at 14:00 on the dot. It currently remains in the ‘Building’ phase. Will chase tomorrow as it will have been 32 working days (although obviously mostly on hold).

edit: I’m not getting a RTX 30X0 gpu and I haven’t had any emails, automated or otherwise.

MartyF

Order date: Nov 5th 2020 14:04
GPU: None.
All other parts still available for selection so assuming in stock.

owebru

An update on my order.

I’ve been told that it’s held up waiting for R 5900x stock to come in. The customer service rep said they couldn't be specific about when this might be.

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
The last update I got, Monday, was the CPU's were due in this week and there was more than enough to cover the orders placed on launch day.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
The last update I got, Monday, was the CPU's were due in this week and there was more than enough to cover the orders placed on launch day.
This is so totally different to the RTX stock... It's been nearly 2 months and the orders from the launch day are still not all complete. I wonder if it's AMD stock being more plentiful, or there's less demand for those CPUs than for the RTX cards, or a bit of both.

Anyway, I'm waiting for a 5950 (amended to it right after 2PM on the 5th), but also for a 3080 since the 17th of September, which might delay things.

MartyF

Ah that sounds a bit more promising! I hope the person I spoke to was just wrong.
I got an email response this afternoon saying that the 5900x was not in stock yet.

This is so totally different to the RTX stock... It's been nearly 2 months and the orders from the launch day are still not all complete. I wonder if it's AMD stock being more plentiful, or there's less demand for those CPUs than for the RTX cards, or a bit of both.

Anyway, I'm waiting for a 5950 (amended to it right after 2PM on the 5th), but also for a 3080 since the 17th of September, which might delay things.
Yes hopefully it won't be quite as bad!

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
You ordered on RTX release day right?
Yes, at 22:42 on the 17th. I also amended my order to the 5950 CPU right after 2PM, however not sure how much that matters if they're prioritising orders that have been placed more than 30 days ago (not sure if it's all days or just working days) according to the T&C:
5.2Your order will be fulfilled as soon as possible after your Order Confirmation and in any event within 30 days of the date of the Order Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
I don't know if they go by the order date or amend date if several orders are in this situation though.