Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
I can only hope for a surprise shipments of ryzen cpu's this month. They did get surprise shipments of 3090's and 6900xt in stock, so who knows, though I still think it's more likely to be January.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Or how about just taking a deposit until they know they have the parts the build the damn thing? Make it high enough (20%?) to avoid fake orders.
That’s all well and nice, but that’s not how system integrators work.

And since when has a company turned down business? Everyone is fully aware of the delays.

Please, let’s not have this descend into another “why don’t they do this” fiasco.

Business works the way it does over many years of tried methodologies.

Just plucking random things out of the air isn't based in reality.

PCS don’t monitor the forums, any suggestions you have for them you need to email them on [email protected]

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Or how about just taking a deposit until they know they have the parts the build the damn thing? Make it high enough (20%?) to avoid fake orders.
I've said on other threads that if you have suggestions concerning the way that PCS do business please email them to [email protected]. These fora are for offering assistance, they are not a forum for debating the way in which PCS do business.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
UK enters in a new Covid Outbreak...

‘bye bye our builds ? 😊
I'm guessing their covid update means that they are still furfilling orders. Looks like they are going to soldier on with pc builds and it seems that they are working OT and weekends to catch up with outstanding orders, according to sales team. They just need those deliveries of cpu and gpu to arrive pronto to speed things up.

I'm guessing their covid update means that they are still furfilling orders. Looks like they are going to soldier on with pc builds and it seems that they are working OT and weekends to catch up with outstanding orders, according to sales team. They just need those deliveries of cpu and gpu to arrive pronto to speed things up.
They must be going like rockets atm. My estimated build date has gone from the 30th Dec til the 24th.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
I also got a email from support informing me that I'm about to go into build with a replacement for an out of stock item - M2 drive (Samsung 980 1Tb).

I have a 5900x and no GFX card.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
I also got a email from support informing me that I'm about to go into build with a replacement for an out of stock item - M2 drive (Samsung 980 1Tb).

I have a 5900x and no GFX card.
One of the sales rep also said that the 980 1tb was out of stock, so i replaced it with 980 500g in hopes that it will speed things up and bring me closer to build time. Hopefully you will get your new pc before Xmas.

Zeddicus

I ordered mine on 27/11/20 - Ryzen 9 5900x with 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER - HDMI GPU (Don't need it for gaming, need it for high capacity spreadsheet and G-sheet work).

Moved to Pre-Production 4/12/20.

Received an email on 17/12/20 saying my GPU was out of stock and on back order.

Called PCS on 17/12 - waiting around 1.5 hours to get through but queuing system was good and I have unlimited minutes so no issues there! Changed my GPU to an 8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12 (was on special offer so only £5 or so more than the 4GB Radeon and £35 more than the 1650 Super so a no brainer). I mainly needed a better than stock GPU to drive 3 monitors. The 1650 Super can run 3, as a bonus the new GPU can run 5.

As an aside, when I rang on 17/12 and sorted out the new GPU, I asked where I was in the queue and was told I was around 1,650th! Although the chap did say they were building "hundreds a day" so not to read too much into this.

Received an email on 19/12 saying my PC was being built.

Checking the latest status I can see that I have a build date of 19/12/20, so it looks like the machine has been built and will hopefully be in testing tomorrow.

So, looks like there are certainly 5900x CPUs available and given the worldwide shortages, I'm pretty happy with a 19/12 build date versus a 27/11 order date.

Not holding out much hope of receiving it before Xmas given the couriers are all under so much pressure, but hopefully before the New Year.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I ordered mine on 27/11/20 - Ryzen 9 5900x with 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER - HDMI GPU (Don't need it for gaming, need it for high capacity spreadsheet and G-sheet work).

Moved to Pre-Production 4/12/20.

Received an email on 17/12/20 saying my GPU was out of stock and on back order.

Called PCS on 17/12 - waiting around 1.5 hours to get through but queuing system was good and I have unlimited minutes so no issues there! Changed my GPU to an 8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12 (was on special offer so only £5 or so more than the 4GB Radeon and £35 more than the 1650 Super so a no brainer). I mainly needed a better than stock GPU to drive 3 monitors. The 1650 Super can run 3, as a bonus the new GPU can run 5.

As an aside, when I rang on 17/12 and sorted out the new GPU, I asked where I was in the queue and was told I was around 1,650th! Although the chap did say they were building "hundreds a day" so not to read too much into this.

Received an email on 19/12 saying my PC was being built.

Checking the latest status I can see that I have a build date of 19/12/20, so it looks like the machine has been built and will hopefully be in testing tomorrow.

So, looks like there are certainly 5900x CPUs available and given the worldwide shortages, I'm pretty happy with a 19/12 build date versus a 27/11 order date.

Not holding out much hope of receiving it before Xmas given the couriers are all under so much pressure, but hopefully before the New Year.
That's a pretty fast turnaround. Lucky you.

I've said it before but those ordering both one of the new GPUs (especially 3080 & 6800 XT) and new Rizen CPU's are at a big disadvantage in the way the queing system works in PCS, because both need to be in stock at the same time for your build to proceed, and it seems like PCS just allocate stock immediately as it comes in to the builds that are ready.

So lets take this scenario...
PCS receive 150 Ryzen 5900X's on 14th Dec - immediately allocated to builds that are ready on priority basis - no stock left.
PCS receive 50 3080's on 16th Dec - same as above.

Meanwhile, someone who ordered their 3080 build 3 months ago (and amended with 5900X on launch day) is screwed.
Your new GPU/CPU combo need to be in stock at the same time, but given how many people have ordered the new Rizen CPU's it's highly unlikely as they will immediately get allocated to other builds as they come in.

Last edited:

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
That's a pretty fast turnaround. Lucky you.

I've said it before but those ordering both one of the new GPUs (especially 3080 & 6800 XT) and new Rizen CPU's are at a big disadvantage in the way the queing system works in PCS, because both need to be in stock at the same time for your build to proceed, and it seems like PCS just allocate stock immediately as it comes in to the builds that are ready.

So lets take this scenario...
PCS receive 150 Ryzen 5900X's on 14th Dec - immediately allocated to builds that are ready on priority basis - no stock left.
PCS receive 50 3080's on 16th Dec - same as above.

Meanwhile, someone who ordered their 3080 build 3 months ago (and ammened with 5900X on launch day) is screwed.
Your new GPU/CPU combo need to be in stock at the same time, but given how many people have ordered the new Rizen CPU's it's highly unlikely as they will immediately get allocated to other builds as they come in.
You might want to give them a call in the morning to see if there is any other componants that might be out of stock and holding your build back. I was suprised that my 1tb 980 m.2 was out of stock(despite showing in stock with configurator), so I changed it to 500gb 980 m.2 so that I'm left with only the cpu to be allocated to my build. Unfortunately, only the 6900xt is the only radeon gpu that is still in stock, but obviously it's not value for money compared to 6800xt.

Last edited:

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
You might want to give them a call in the morning to see if there is any other componants that might be out of stock and holding your build back. I was suprised that my 1tb 980 m.2 was out of stock(despite showing in stock with configurator), so I changed it to 500gb 980 m.2 so that I'm left with only the cpu to be allocated to my build. Unfortunately, only the 6900xt is the only radeon gpu that is still in stock, but obviously it's not value for money compared to 6800xt.
Oh no, I have the 1TB 980 m.2 in my build also! I didn't get notified or anything that it was out of stock either.
I'll try to get through to them tomorrow then, and see what's in stock.
It's like a game of whack-a-mole trying to keep your build with components that are currently in stock, in order to maximise your chance of your PC to go into building! :oops:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh no, I have the 1TB 980 m.2 in my build also! I didn't get notified or anything that it was out of stock either.
It's like a game of whack-a-mole trying to keep your build with components that are currently in stock, in order to maximise your chance of your PC to go into building! :oops:
Just because it's out of stock doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't already been assigned to your build, so don't just ask to swap it for the sake of it. Ask if there is anything holding up your build.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
The sales rep will inform you if there's any other items holding your build back. Sorry I didn't explain fully before. I swapped m.2, because the sales rep told me that it was holding my build back when I was speaking to him over the phone.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The sales rep will inform you if there's any other items holding your build back. Sorry I didn't explain fully before. I swapped m.2, because the sales rep told me that it was holding my build back when I was speaking to him over the phone.
Yeah, I knew that's what you meant, just wanted to clarify in case someone else reading it got confused :)