Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Good news. After 59 working days, my 5900x PC went into build status this morning. This was only after I removed my 3080 from the build. Clearly I won't be getting it before xmas but do we know if they will still be building/testing between xmas and New Year?

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yes, it would best to contact them - however the lack of information is shocking. All three times I've tried to call, I started as number 20 in the queue, and waited 2 hours everytime - makes you wonder if there is a virtual queue system (not uncommom to use) that delibirately makes everyone hold a specified amount of time. Many people here report this 2 hour wait time - and they don't have a call-back service to not waste their customers time. And the chat just waits from answers from the production, so no help from there either.

So right now I'm wondering whether I should spend the next two hours in queue, probably just to get the answer "we don't know" from PCS.

TrustPilot has a lot of these stories - great PC builds but bad customer service/lack of information.

I'm really starting to regret buying from PCS.
a) it's the usual Christmas rush - it's a nightmare every year because too many people leave it to the last minute to order Christmas builds

b) most non-essential people are working from home because of COVID so they only have access to what's on their PC screens and can't walk over to the relevant department for up-to-date information.

c) the worldwide component shortage caused by COVID has created massive delays in stock reaching PCS, that's led to lots of people calling trying to find out where their builds are or whether they can change components that are on waitlist.

kozuki

Enthusiast
Good news. After 59 working days, my 5900x PC went into build status this morning. This was only after I removed my 3080 from the build. Clearly I won't be getting it before xmas but do we know if they will still be building/testing between xmas and New Year?
Nice! I wonder if you had a 5900X allocated from earlier or do they still get some stock? On day 51 myself, but still with 3080 in my build, so that's probably the holding point for me

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, it would best to contact them - however the lack of information is shocking. All three times I've tried to call, I started as number 20 in the queue, and waited 2 hours everytime - makes you wonder if there is a virtual queue system (not uncommom to use) that delibirately makes everyone hold a specified amount of time. Many people here report this 2 hour wait time - and they don't have a call-back service to not waste their customers time. And the chat just waits from answers from the production, so no help from there either.

So right now I'm wondering whether I should spend the next two hours in queue, probably just to get the answer "we don't know" from PCS.

TrustPilot has a lot of these stories - great PC builds but bad customer service/lack of information.

Then cancel, there’s nothing stopping you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Clearly I won't be getting it before xmas but do we know if they will still be building/testing between xmas and New Year?
If you’re in the uk I’d fully expect you to get it before Christmas. If it’s in building, then it will likely be despatched tomorrow (so long as no problems in testing) for delivery Thursday. Building only takes a couple of hours.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
SPYDERTRACKS, I love your valuable input on this forum but you're a moderator and not a regular punter like we all are. Some empathy with people who have given up their hard earned money and expect some acceptable degree of service in return would not go amiss.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
If you’re in the uk I’d fully expect you to get it before Christmas. If it’s in building, then it will likely be despatched tomorrow (so long as no problems in testing) for delivery Thursday. Building only takes a couple of hours.
Thanks, that's good to know.

PetRos

I'm not talking about cancelling my order - just starting to regret buying from PCS.

Everyone here is aware of the Christmas rush, component shortages and COVID.

However, this does not justity the lack of customer service/information. Just my point of view.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
SPYDERTRACKS, I love your valuable input on this forum but you're a moderator and not regular punter like we all are. Some empathy with people who have given up their hard earned money and expect some acceptable degree of service in return would not go amiss.
TBH I've given up supporting people who have no understanding of the difficulties that companies are facing.

I'm not saying that there aren't communication issues, but stating that PCS are intentionally keeping people holding on the phones and moaning about an order being in the final stages just gets my goat quite frankly.

If it's really important for you to find out why your build is being held up, then you'll happily wait on the phone like everyone else is.

PetRos

TBH I've given up supporting people who have no understanding of the difficulties that companies are facing.

I'm not saying that there aren't communication issues, but stating that PCS are intentionally keeping people holding on the phones and moaning about an order being in the final stages just gets my goat quite frankly.

If it's really important for you to find out why your build is being held up, then you'll happily wait on the phone like everyone else is.
I don't want to start a huge discussion - I have full understanding of the situation - don't know how you can interpret otherwise.

I run a business myself - given this is in a different industry, but this level of customer support is not acceptable.

That all I'm saying - more information and proper customer service (which you seem to agree) - this is nothing about being selfish.

Hey Petros,

I found calling later in the day better (around 7pm). I entered queue at 7 th and it took about 25 mins. Ive tried in the day and never had the patience to wait over 20 odd places....

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
SPYDERTRACKS, I love your valuable input on this forum but you're a moderator and not a regular punter like we all are. Some empathy with people who have given up their hard earned money and expect some acceptable degree of service in return would not go amiss.
The moderators ARE regular punters just like you. We're entitled to express our opinions just as you are, the only difference is we can edit/delete threads and warn/ban users in order to keep the forums on track. We have no special access to PCS and we get no special preference when we order.

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
I don't want to start a huge discussion - I have full understanding of the situation - don't know how you can interpret otherwise.

I run a business myself - given this is in a different industry, but this level of customer support is not acceptable.

That all I'm saying - more information and proper customer service (which you seem to agree) - this is nothing about being selfish.
If you manage to get through to one of the sales team, make sure to ask for their email address. I managed to get an answer to a couple of questions via email within 10 minutes.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Status now updated to say my PC is in testing. So you're right, there's still a chance before Xmas! Amazing.

nebneb

Hey Petros,

I found calling later in the day better (around 7pm). I entered queue at 7 th and it took about 25 mins. Ive tried in the day and never had the patience to wait over 20 odd places....
I've been on hold for over 2 hours already, feel like you got very lucky!

Zeddicus

Woohoo! My build just moved into testing. Ordered 27/11, changed GPU 17/12, build date 19/12, testing 21/12. 5900x
So, a further update, and backing up @SpyderTracks comment about if an order is in build now you will likely get it by Xmas - I received notification this morning that mine has been dispatched! Hopefully receive it tomorrow or Thursday.

If tomorrow, it would have taken just under 4 weeks from order to build, despite the fact it is a very in demand processor with shortages.

Switching out my GPU was what moved my build along, same as @Stevewtw removing his 3080.

Granted my GPU is not one in massive demand as I'm not going to use the set up for gaming but, overall, in light of the global situation both with Covid and demand for Ryzen 9 chips, I'm pretty pleased with the service I have received.

And, who cares about holding for 2 hours on the phone?! I'm sure almost everyone does what I did and stick the phone on your desk on loudspeaker whilst you get on with something else (using up free minutes in most cases, I'm sure). Other than the battery drain, where's the problem?!

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Build started today, testing completed and now awaiting dispatch.
5900x and no GPU
Perfect!

Install the DPD app, gives you up to date tracking and other stuff, it’s really good. Also, do rate your driver once it’s delivered, helps others know if they’re good or not and helps the company weed out the problem makers.

Gimmles

Bronze Level Poster
My 5950x with a 3090 has gone into build this morning, not sure if I'm expecting it before xmas at this point- but I'm happy to see it get updated to building at the very least, though my 13 day wait isn't anywhere near what other people have been waiting for...

My 5950x with a 3090 has gone into build this morning, not sure if I'm expecting it before xmas at this point- but I'm happy to see it get updated to building at the very least, though my 13 day wait isn't anywhere near what other people have been waiting for...
"My 5950x with a 3090 has gone into build this morning, not sure if I'm expecting it before xmas at this point- but I'm happy to see it get updated to building at the very least, though my 13 day wait isn't anywhere near what other people have been waiting for..."

My status update is exactly the same ( specs including the wait) - therefore copying yours :)

Plus: I dabbled with the specifications quite a bit (3080 strix changed to std 3090, added evo980 storage, changed the psu and cooling etc within the 13 days of wait - so I do not think, that these changes affect the queue position.