Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Removed the 3080 from my build yesterday. I'm on 35 days with a 5900x, given the dates others on here are giving I'm hoping it will go in to build soon.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Removed the 3080 from my build yesterday. I'm on 35 days with a 5900x, given the dates others on here are giving I'm hoping it will go in to build soon.
Very wise move. Mine was delivered within 2 weeks once I removed my GPU

Zelit0

Currently on 21 working days for 5900x & 3080 strix. Would it be exaggerative to not expect my pc until March at this rate? Currently stuck on a 4790k and 980 :S

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Currently on 21 working days for 5900x & 3080 strix. Would it be exaggerative to not expect my pc until March at this rate? Currently stuck on a 4790k and 980 :S
It's likely. Maybe longer given it's a strix. Check out the 3080 thread for estimates, because that will delay you more than the CPU. There is a wait for a 5900x, a longer wait for 3080s, and an even longer wait for strix cards.

Little_Miss_Naughty

Bronze Level Poster
They haven’t been receiving any STRIX cards at all as of late, and only received a few in November.

The next batch is due in March, maybe February but that’s at a push.

Zelit0

It's likely. Maybe longer given it's a strix. Check out the 3080 thread for estimates, because that will delay you more than the CPU. There is a wait for a 5900x, a longer wait for 3080s, and an even longer wait for strix cards.
They haven’t been receiving any STRIX cards at all as of late, and only received a few in November.

The next batch is due in March, maybe February but that’s at a push.
Ok, I just managed to snipe a 3090, so hopefully I'll be getting my pc a little sooner.

Last edited:

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
There is plenty of stock of the 3090 if you look around.
I feel like this was Nvidia's plan all along; make people sick of waiting/trying to get the 3080, and buy the 3090 for twice the price. Much higher profit margins for them.

Gimmles

Bronze Level Poster
My 5950x system has been in testing since christmas eve, they've had 2 days back in office at this point- does it normally take this long for testing? Seems like it's taking a little while. Regardless, seems like I should get my system soon enough- up to 17 working days as of posting, which seems to be on the low end!

My 5950x system has been in testing since christmas eve, they've had 2 days back in office at this point- does it normally take this long for testing? Seems like it's taking a little while. Regardless, seems like I should get my system soon enough- up to 17 working days as of posting, which seems to be on the low end!
Fingers crossed mine is in testing at 17 days 😂

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. :) Better that it’s tested properly than rushed through

GRABibus

My build is in test since yesterday.
Ordered the 8th of Dec.

5900x
No GPU.

In order to save time, we have committed that they reuse the 5900x from the first build I RMAed.

stiejo

same spec, same position, same boat, Are you me!!!!

Got an email yesterday stating, there is a "slight delay".. no timelines given..
It's holiday period - resourcing might be tight...

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Spoke to them this morning and even though I've removed the gpu I'm still waiting on the 5900x. I was hoping that since I'm on 38 days my cpu would already have been allocated (several people on here have them in build with shorter wait times). I guess maybe they don't allocate until all the components are in. Ah well, they did say now I've removed the gpu I'm near the top of the queue so hopefully the next time they get a delivery one of them will be mine.

GRABibus

There's stock of the new Ryzen CPU's on the french amazon at the moment.
Here's hoping PCS get a boat load of them in soon! 🙏

There are stocks of 5900x in some resselers in France (I am French)

concerning my build :
Order 8th of Dec
Ready for shipment today !!!

5900x
No GPU

Last edited by a moderator:

snail

i placed an order without reading this forum.
looks like i don't have any hope till middle of the year then.
order no. 1935415

Gimmles

Bronze Level Poster
Apparently my build that was in testing on the 23rd is back in building as they had missed some of the amendments I had made... A little bit frustrating, seeing as those amendments were made before it was anywhere close to building the first time! But hopefully it gets to me late this week/early next week.