Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Did you get the name of the CS agent you spoke to. The last two I spoke to was Corey last Monday and Liam on Wednesday/ Thursday.
I didn't get his name. He had kind of a northern English accent. I'm Irish though so I wouldn't be too familiar with English accents to say any more than that. :LOL:

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
I’ve been told that my cpu has been allocated 5900x and that I’m waiting on my GPU which is a 3080, my order is on 72 working days and had an email last week saying they weren’t expecting anymore 3080s until March

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Just got off the phone with a CS rep called Joshua. He said they got two shipments of 5900X today. 40 in one and 16 in the other. They are due another 30-40 tomorrow and then another order of 84 before the end of the month but no ETA. I was going to drop to 5800X and just get it built but have held off to hopefully get lucky tomorrow.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Just got off the phone with a CS rep called Joshua. He said they got two shipments of 5900X today. 40 in one and 16 in the other. They are due another 30-40 tomorrow and then another order of 84 before the end of the month but no ETA. I was going to drop to 5800X and just get it built but have held off to hopefully get lucky tomorrow.
We'll see. I find it surprising someone told you a 6800XT was allocated to your order given that my order is older than yours, and I was told today mine is waiting on the 6800XT.
I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I’ve been told that my cpu has been allocated 5900x and that I’m waiting on my GPU which is a 3080, my order is on 72 working days and had an email last week saying they weren’t expecting anymore 3080s until March
If you don't receive your PC until March that would be 5 months waiting... Or almost half a year :oops::oops:

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
We'll see. I find it surprising someone told you a 6800XT was allocated to your order given that my order is older than yours, and I was told today mine is waiting on the 6800XT.
I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.
I think you said you switched to a 6800XT. I ordered mine 7mins after they launched on the 18th of November and has been allocated since the 22/23rd of December which was confirmed by 3 different CS agents, Cory , Liam and now Joshua.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I think you said you switched to a 6800XT. I ordered mine 7mins after they launched on the 18th of November and has been allocated since the 22/23rd of December which was confirmed by 3 different CS agents, Cory , Liam and now Joshua.
I amended from my Nov 5th order with no GPU on the 18th with the 6800 XT at the exact minute it launched.
Does it really make a difference whether you amend, or put down your initial order on your PC?
I would imagine it's just whoever put in the order first. Who knows though, there is a lot of conflicting information.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I amended from my Nov 5th order with no GPU on the 18th with the 6800 XT at the exact minute it launched.
Does it really make a difference whether you amend, or put down your initial order on your PC?
I would imagine it's just whoever put in the order first. Who knows though, there is a lot of conflicting information.
Some people seem to think that amending an order re-sets your position in the queue. That even though CS agents say that it doesn’t that actually does do as others have then had CPU/ GPU given to others who were behind them in the queue. So that might explain why you have not had a 6800XT allocated yet due to it either being an amended order being behind a new order or it put you to the back. Because of what you say is true that you amended your order on the 18th of November then you would have been in the first batch for one. So if mine was allocated on the 22/23rd then yours should have been around the same time. Unless it put you at the back of the queue.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I just rang up to see what is going on a for some reason people who are dropping the need for a GPU after originally ordering a 3080 are for some reason are being allocated 5900Xs before people that ordered it before them. The CS agent on the phone said this should not be happening and is raising it with management later. Mine is been “printed for production” which apparently means that it should go into building in a couple of days. I would recommend to anyone who has been waiting for a 5900X to be allocated and the rest of your parts have already been allocated that has been waiting 47+ days to ring up and find out what is happening. The CS agent said that should have got a shipment of 5900Xs last night but could not confirm it.
I pointed out how every time people phone up they get told different things and how there is a lot of misinformation going around and some CS agents are giving out wrong stuff and especially around queue times. He said no CS agent should give them as they can’t see them.

I ordered a 5950X and a 6800XT within about 5 mins of the XT being up on the website on 18th November. Went into Pre-production on 20th November and have just had email confirmation of going into build today 26th January, working day 49 for info.
I have 5900X & 6800XT and have just received the same email. I just hit day 50 - so it looks like they've had a shipment in!. I also sent a really shirty email yesterday telling them I was thinking of cancelling my order - coincidence??? hmmm.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who posted in this thread - you have kept me sane - realising im not the only one waiting!

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered a 5950X and a 6800XT within about 5 mins of the XT being up on the website on 18th November. Went into Pre-production on 20th November and have just had email confirmation of going into build today 26th January, working day 49 for info.
Ordered mine 7mins after launch of the 6800XT but with a 5900X so should hopefully get my email about going into build in the next day or so. It has been a long wait for us all. And hopefully for you not much longer to wait till you actually get it.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
The agent I spoke to said they got 56 yesterday and some more last night. And are due another shipment before the end of the month but no guarantees. There is a backlog over 750+ orders for the 5900X so they are slowly working through them.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Just got an email saying that mine is going into build now. So hopefully all those around that time should be soon as well. To help others work out their position. Ordered 5900X with a 6800XT at 14:07 on the 18th of November. 49 days in Pre-production.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Just got an email saying that mine is going into build now. So hopefully all those around that time should be soon as well. To help others work out their position. Ordered 5900X with a 6800XT at 14:07 on the 18th of November. 49 days in Pre-production.
Good to hear, same with me, however they are saying I need to change the case (Corsair 680X) as it won't fit the 6800XT!
What case did you order out of interest?

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, you got unlucky there that the one model of 6800XT that won't fit that case is the one that got chosen for your build. :rolleyes:

The Lancool mentioned above would also fit the Merc 6800XT
It's unfortunate yeah, but also if what you say is true and it is the XFX merc model, that actually happens to be the best air-cooled 6800XT (according to hardware unboxed) so in a way I am happy with that. :LOL:

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Good to see you are seeing the positives in it...a lot of people would have cancelled their builds in disgust at having to change the case :eek:
I had actually done a spec at another competitor to PCS and was about to order when they took my case off their build list. I must have annoyed my fiancé with the YouTube videos of reviews I did for cases. And as you said it was actually a deal breaker not to have the case I wanted.

Last edited: