Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 ZT-P10800D-10B

StormGb

Hi all, I’m looking for a review on the Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 ZT-P10800D-10B. Can anyone provide one or point me in the right direction please?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You probably won't find one. It's the Zotac OEM I believe: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b4054/zotac-gtx-1080-oem which is quite like the founder's edition but not silver. But as it's OEM it doesn't get the same press interest as the Strix's and Gaming X's and FTWs of the world, so you're unlikely to find professional reviews. Also with over 130 GTX 1080 models and it being one mostly aimed at OEMs, you won't find many customer reviews on sites like Amazon either.

Why do you ask? Are you thinking of buying one off the shelf, or is it what you've heard PCS will use in one of their builds?

If you end up with one, you may end up wanting to customise the fan profile to try to maximise your boost clocks, but that's par for the course with a blower cooler. Given a choice I wouldn't get one over a Zotac Amp or an EVGA SC, if they were the same price, but if it's one that comes in a system like the Ultima a GTX 1080 is still a GTX 1080. I wouldn't pay £200 more just to get one with a better cooler (in the case of the Ultima).

StormGb

I asked pcs about the Ultima X1 Graphic card and that’s what they told me -

“I can confirm that the current review system graphics card is a Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 P/N ZT-P10800D-10B gpu, Unfortunately promotional codes cannot be applied to review systems and Promotional PCs because the price has already been discounted.

Estimated build time is currently around 2 weeks from the day payment received and delivery to mainland UK is free next working day delivery with DPD. If you have any other enquiries do not hesitate to contact us.‘

So I’m now unsure whether to get the Ultima X01 as i’d Like to know more about the graphics card.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's a GTX 1080. It's not going to be the coolest or quietest, but it's a GTX 1080 and will perform as one.

There's fairly little performance difference between blower cooler ones like the Founder's edition, and top end ones with all the trimmings:
a29b0a0e-fe67-4114-993a-8174cb79df72.jpg

And thanks to the turbo boost features such differences as there are can often be mitigated by managing the fan profile.

StormGb

Hi, Oussebbon.

PCs have found a Palit NEB1080015p2-1045d, would you go with this card or the Zotac one mentioned above?

Kind Regards

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Probably the Palit dual if given a choice. Performance should be very, very similar but the dual at least turns it fans off under very low loads.

StormGb

Thank you for your time Oussebon, its very much appreciated by us novices. I'll go with the Palit ;) for the Ultima X01 as I don't think they build one in far better do they?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
No - though I'm not sure what choice you get about the GPU, it's usually been just whatever they have in stock. Are they giving you a choice?

StormGb

I asked if they had a Palit card instead of the Zotac mentioned at the beginning of the post and they told me they found a Palit Dual Gtx 1080. Do you think it’s good to go ahead with the Palit offered or wait to see if there are any better ones, that’s if they do them that is.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Their cards will be generally either Palit or Zotac. They might occasionally do a Zotac Amp! or a Zotac mini, but it's not really worth waiting for as there's no guarantee when or if they'll use those again.

And as above, the performance differences between them all are extremely small. I'd suggest just going ahead as the Ultima is only a limited offer and when they run out of units, that's that.