95% Gamut 15.6" AUO B156HW01 V.4 Matte Screens Now in Stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

I will wait for the Matte screens to arrive. But dang it, am I being unlucky with my laptop purchase. First Kobalt and now that I am in need of a laptop, the screens wait time... I hope it is worth it.

Right now we have no stock on both the 15.6" and 17.3" matte screens. We're very sorry, but they have been delayed. If you order has been assembled and there are no notes on your order stating otherwise, then you will have the screen fitted. Otherwise there is a small wait.

17.3" matte screens are due in on Tuesday next week.
15.6" matte screens have been delayed and are due in on the 9th November.

Again, apologies for the delay here. For any orders that are waiting for this screen, please consider changing to a glossy screen - these are of course in stock and never in constraint.

InfernalBadger

Bronze Level Poster
Right now we have no stock on both the 15.6" and 17.3" matte screens. We're very sorry, but they have been delayed. If you order has been assembled and there are no notes on your order stating otherwise, then you will have the screen fitted. Otherwise there is a small wait.

Mine is in pre-production and doesn't have any notes about stock delays, does this mean it will be delayed?

sakumatu

Bronze Level Poster
I will wait for the Matte screens to arrive. But dang it, am I being unlucky with my laptop purchase. First Kobalt and now that I am in need of a laptop, the screens wait time... I hope it is worth it.

Been a victim of Kobalt delays myself, I some how feel less concerned. Waited for my laptop for 10 weeks and canceled on 11th. At least i can see fair amount honest communication going on in here. If there are delays PCS admits that and keeps people updated. As you probably know Kobalt's policy seemed to be with a little bit different approach.
My order went in last week and sounds that 17" screens will be in stock next week. Hopefully my Vortex will be with me soon.

Kushan

Mine is in pre-production and doesn't have any notes about stock delays, does this mean it will be delayed?

I'm in the same boat and would also like to know. Ordered on the 20th and there's no notes on the account to say there's a delay, but I'm only in pre-production =\

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I'm guessing this means I'm going to be stuck in limbo for a while?

Yes, sorry. We will do our best to ship these to you asap. The stock lands into Felixstowe on Thursday and will be en-route to us a few days afterwards.

InfernalBadger

Bronze Level Poster
I don't mind the wait, although I would have preferred to have been informed about it (without having to check the forums) either by an email or a note on my order.

Are all other parts put aside for orders waiting stock or is there a chance of something else going out of stock and delaying it? Just slightly concerned regarding the potential shortages of hard drives.

meganub

I don't mind the wait, although I would have preferred to have been informed about it (without having to check the forums) either by an email or a note on my order.

I'd have to echo this sentiment. I've been checking my order status a lot, and a simple note against it would have been really helpful. This isn't a dig at PCS, you guys have been great and I'm happy to wait for the matte screen on my vortex II - but if you could consider a tweak to your system to allow for "out of stock" notes to be left automatically, I think that would be really helpful.

With this sort of situation it's often not the wait that's the pain for the customer, but the lack of information. I realise that to get your system to do this isn't as easy as clicking your fingers (I'm a developer by trade, so I realise it's probably a bit more involved then that) - but if you are planning future enhancements to your already good system, please consider this.

That said, the PCS order management system is already lightyears ahead of others I've used, so it's a minor thing. :)

Cheers!

brwnbread

Yes, sorry. We will do our best to ship these to you asap. The stock lands into Felixstowe on Thursday and will be en-route to us a few days afterwards.

Do you have a date when you expect to get these screens in? I think the fast track thing is broken on the vortex II 15.6" page as it still says they are in stock.

Sorry, I am just really paranoid after my terrible experience with Kobalt and their lies lol.

I am also wondering, while we wait for the screens to get to you, is it possible other parts can go out of stock... or will they be reserved for people who have already ordered?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The screens are due in to us on the 9th and all orders will be dispatched as quickly as possible after this date. :)

AndyL

17.3" matte screens are due in on Tuesday next week.
15.6" matte screens have been delayed and are due in on the 9th November.

Again, apologies for the delay here. For any orders that are waiting for this screen, please consider changing to a glossy screen - these are of course in stock and never in constraint.

So does this mean you now have stock of the 17.3" screens?

Bullseye

My bad, read it pretty fast. All is left is the waiting game.

No, he said in the previous post to that response that they're still waiting on the 15.6" screens. Don't worry, you're not the only one waiting for your laptop, plenty of us are.

iceatcs

No, he said in the previous post to that response that they're still waiting on the 15.6" screens. Don't worry, you're not the only one waiting for your laptop, plenty of us are.
I hope it will be enough of us. I ordered 32 laptops with that screen for my company.

Just kidding, only one for myself

Kushan

So, are the screens still due in tomorrow? And is there any indication of what kind of "backlog" there is?
I'm still in pre-production, so I'm worried that my build hasn't even started yet, am I going to be waiting another week or so or can I possibly expect it this week?

iceatcs

So, are the screens still due in tomorrow? And is there any indication of what kind of "backlog" there is?
I'm still in pre-production, so I'm worried that my build hasn't even started yet, am I going to be waiting another week or so or can I possibly expect it this week?
If you are waiting for 15.6" screen, then it likely won't arrive to you this week because this screen will be back on stock this Thursday.

17.3" already in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.