BSOD - kernel_data_inpage_error

samx300

Enthusiast
Just received this BSOD for the first time ever while casually browsing the web. (Picture taken from my phone at 0010hrs on 26/06/2011)

img20110626001048.jpg

CPU/GPU were at idle and well around their idle temps.
GPU, Audio, HD controller all running the most up to date drivers.

Quick Google search reveals that this could be due to a dying hard disk/RAM failure :( That shouldn't be the case because I just installed a brand new Vertex 3 RMA replacement today. Also the RAM hasn't given me any issues since the last 34 days or so..

I am running a chkdsk now to identify if there are any issues with the new SSD. Will update this post once done.

[EDIT] chkdsk cleared without any errors:

img20110626010324.jpg

Your solution(s)/comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
Hey mate sorry your still having problems, i know you have said when someone suggested this before that your Ram has been stable at 2133MHz and you did not see the point in setting it back at 1600MHz but that is the first thing i would try just to eliminate it.

samx300

Enthusiast
Hey mate sorry your still having problems, i know you have said when someone suggested this before that your Ram has been stable at 2133MHz and you did not see the point in setting it back at 1600MHz but that is the first thing i would try just to eliminate it.

Hey Fear, thanks for responding.

You are right. I do stand by my statement, "If I wanted to run a 2133MHz RAM @ 1600MHz, I would've spent less and gotten 1600MHz RAM in the first place :)" However, my RAM has cleared the memtest without any issues and it has never given me problems in the past month.. At the moment, this BSOD has appeared once. If it does appear again, I can try and lower the clocks, but PCS need to understand that I will not accept 'lowering the RAM clocks' as a permanent long term fix. They shouldn't be selling the HyperX T1 if it is this unstable :-/

Fear

Prolific Poster
Oh yeah don't get me wrong obviously if the Ram is not stable at 2133MHz and is at 1600MHz then you would know that is the problem and can sort something out with replacing it but if it makes no difference then it will be a case of looking elsewhere, but it does look to me like them vertex drives are getting a lot of fails tbh the only SSD fails i have seen on here are the vertex drives maybe there is a faulty batch or something seen as you didn't have any problems when running on your backup HDD just throwing suggestions in and that chkdisc is no guarantee it is working fine as i had a HDD that was crashing my old system and everytime i ran chkdisc it came back as working properly.

samx300

Enthusiast
Oh yeah don't get me wrong obviously if the Ram is not stable at 2133MHz and is at 1600MHz then you would know that is the problem and can sort something out with replacing it but if it makes no difference then it will be a case of looking elsewhere, but it does look to me like them vertex drives are getting a lot of fails tbh the only SSD fails i have seen on here are the vertex drives maybe there is a faulty batch or something seen as you didn't have any problems when running on your backup HDD just throwing suggestions in and that chkdisc is no guarantee it is working fine as i had a HDD that was crashing my old system and everytime i ran chkdisc it came back as working properly.

Yea, I completely agree with you on isolating the issue for a start.
Lets see if this happens again. You are correct - I didn't have any issues with my replacement HDD. But TBH, I am not having any issues with this RMA Vertex 3 too - all drivers are working, Internet Security is working, updates are installed, Event Viewer logs look good, games are working fine, no other hangups.

I'd hate to send my Vertex 3 back for the 2nd time though :-/

Fear

Prolific Poster
Quick Google search reveals that this could be due to a dying hard disk/RAM failure :( That shouldn't be the case because I just installed a brand new Vertex 3 RMA replacement today. Also the RAM hasn't given me any issues since the last 34 days or so..

Your solution(s)/comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I was suggesting the Ram and SSD things due to your google search for the error from your first post but you know how PC's like to mess with us it could be anything.

samx300

Enthusiast
I've been having my own BSOD problems today... Found that I got a fair amount of help through this: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/171537-dxgmms1-sys-bsod-what-should-i-do.html#post1463602

Good luck to you mate. Let me know if you ever find out how to get the RAM to run at 2133MHz without Prime95 errors and I'll see what research I can do as well!

Sorry to hear about your BSOD issues too.. I will try and get some help on the Sevenforums for the timebeing (although I've already sent a descriptive email to PCS support).

Thanks for help mate, it is much appreciated. Let me know if you make any progress with the T1's clocks.

Cheers

FacetiousPizza

Silver Level Poster
You could try posting that image in the Microsoft Forums. When I was having BSOD issues, they requested the MiniDump files (I can't remember how to get to them, but the MS people will tell you) and then a Microsoft employee analysed the files and pointed me to the problem.
For me it was a faulty GPU and corrupted drivers, and I remember the word 'Kernel' being on my BSOD.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
It does sound like a memory issue of some sort. If you have checked the hard disk and the memory, it may be worth looking at your Virtual Memory configuration next. Try maybe setting your paging file to use your SSD only, or your standard HDD. Even just recreating it may allevieate the problem as it could have some corruption.

samx300

Enthusiast
It does sound like a memory issue of some sort. If you have checked the hard disk and the memory, it may be worth looking at your Virtual Memory configuration next. Try maybe setting your paging file to use your SSD only, or your standard HDD. Even just recreating it may allevieate the problem as it could have some corruption.

I do believe you may be on to something here. I say this because just yesterday evening I received a "dxgmms1.sys" BSOD. Specifics reveal:
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050

Any ideas?

samx300

Enthusiast

Oh, and I have checked both Memory and SSD - no issues found there.