Extremely Slow Network Speed

PlasticTastic

Bronze Level Poster
Hey, I just received my new Vortex III today. Everything is running brilliantly, apart from the speed of the network. I have the Killer 1103 network card. On my PC, which is wired, using speedtest.net, I have a ping of 35ms, a download speed of 16.21 Mbps and an upload of 0.44.

In this laptop, I'm on 200ms ping, a download speed of 2.85 Mbps, and an upload of 0.28.

I know I'm using wireless for the PC and wireless for the laptop, but (especially with the upgraded network card) surely I shouldn't be getting such low results?

I have the latest driver for the card, and there's no interference and I'm the only wireless device connected to the network (I even turned my phone off wifi for the test).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

paul1224

In my experience these issues are normally due to a driver issue, may be worth contacting PCS just to make sure that the driver you have is definately the most up to date or if there is any other more stable driver they could recommend.

I had a similar issue with a laptop before and it was the driver, another option would be to see if you could change the wireless channel on the router just in case that makes a difference.

Another thought would be, if the driver is definately the right one and most up to date, would be to contatc your ISP as sometimes they can troubleshoot for you in case any router setting is causing the slowdown.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Hmm, normally it is a driver issue, and often windows is pretty awful at updating drivers! Can you please go to device manager, select your wireless card and in the window that opens, select the drivers tab and take a screen print of it?

PlasticTastic

Bronze Level Poster
Untitled.png
It just took me 6 attempts to upload that picture. Steam is downloading at around 100kbps, when my PC gets at least 1000, sometimes up to 2500.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Hmm, interesting, looks like that is probably the latest driver. Have you tried installing previous drivers maybe one or two previous ones?

Probably won't work but I looked at the killergaming website and went through the drivers available, they are saying the latest one is 6.1.0.395. Have a look, it may not work but maybe try giving it a try? http://www.killergaming.com/support/Downloads?category=5&model=121&download_type=1&os=7

Other than that, a call to PCS I'm afraid may have to be the only option!