Freezing issues

LDUK

Master Poster
Every now and again, my PC freezes then continues. It's makes a distored jittering sound, like it reapeats the sound 100 times in 2 seconds and freezes the screen at times. It's doesn't always freeze the screen when the sound occours, but the worse the sound freezing is, the more likely the screen is to freeze. It plays music tracks fine. But the sound messes up when playing a game or using a music program. This leads me to believe it's a sound card issue.
Should I take out the sound card and see if this is the problem?

W

WR

The first thing i would try is jumping onto the manufacturers website and downloading the latest drivers for your soundcard.

LDUK

Master Poster
Ok done that, but it still keeps happening :(
I'm going to take out the sound card.

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
OK, I took out the sound card. The freezing is no longer happening. I'm going to put it back in again see if it was just loose.

LDUK

Master Poster
Ok. I put it back in, and it works fine now lol. Guess it wasn't in properly. May have got loose on delivery.

LDUK

Master Poster
Damn it. It's happening again. I'm going to take my sound card out and leave it out for a while to see if it's that.

Meds

How did you get on with the soundcard LDUK? Does no further update = bad or good news? Fingers crossed it's good!!!!

ellhaych

I'm having pretty much the same problem. I assumed it was a hard drive issue as I later got a pop up saying that there were bad sectors on the drive. I got a replacement and the problem is still continuing, reinstalled windows for a second time on the new hard drive and its even worse than it was before. I don't really have the knowledge to start taking the soundcard out. :/

Did you fix yours? What did you do?

Sleinous

Author Level
Damn it. It's happening again. I'm going to take my sound card out and leave it out for a while to see if it's that.

As I was reading this I though *I bet itll happen again* Reason being because it happened to me too :p

No longer now but, yes, it is sound, I unplugged the green jack in th pack of my pc and then reinsterted it and all seems well up till now. Make sure its firmly in place, the back green socket on my ASUS Rampage mobo seems a tad loosish so I swapped it over to front now anyway but yes, that seemed to do the trick for me :) Hope that helps.

ellhaych

No longer now but, yes, it is sound, I unplugged the green jack in th pack of my pc and then reinsterted it and all seems well up till now. Make sure its firmly in place, the back green socket on my ASUS Rampage mobo seems a tad loosish so I swapped it over to front now anyway but yes, that seemed to do the trick for me :) Hope that helps.

How do you mean the green jack? As in where the speakers plug into? My screen also freezes when this happens to me and it happens more so with itunes and watching youtube or vimeo. I was running illustrator at one point and it in the first hard drive it was a no go just wouldn't work. This hard drive until recently was ok with it.

Sleinous

Author Level
ye itunes and gta iv it happened to me, every few secs, yes the connector from speakers to pc. unplug, use front jack or rear if using front and make sure its firmly in, also switch off speakers before doing this.