Gaming Mouse (Max £65)

LinearHD

Rising Star
I was going to get the Roccat Kone [+] but after reading several reviews it seems it's not very reliable or long lasting... does anyone know an accurate, ergonomic and preferably nice looking mouse (i.e not pasted with buttons all over it... this is mainly for FPS's) for under £65? I've been looking at the Razer Deathadder Respawn Edition, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

Teaz

Godlike
if the coolness of the mouse aint a big problem then i would certainly take the G9X mouse. That mouse has all the needs for fps in my view :) The deathadder looks good but after holding one, it didnt suit my feel, thats me personally btw.

JSG10

Expert
I keep looking at that Deathadder myself and am tempted to go for it but I just find myself unable to buy it, or the Lycosa KB I want, due to the sheer price of them :S I can't understand what makes them worth so much? I'm going to have to try them out in a shop before purchasing to see if they really are worth the premium they cost!

LinearHD

Rising Star
Okay, went to PC world, tried the deathadder (and fell in love) and got an entire Razer gaming peripherals kit off Amazon!

Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi
Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Keyboard
Razer Goliathus Omega Speed Mouse Mat

for £130 :D

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Not bad at all... I'm looking forward to trying those mechanical keyboards out at some point...

Teaz

Godlike
they are suppose to have way better response times for each key press as each key like has gold plated receptors or something like that to deliver superiour gaming responses and feedback. i could be wrong but im sure its like that lol

LinearHD

Rising Star
Basically, with a normal keyboard you have a contact at the bottom of the key and on the actual board... when the two make contact, the keystroke is registered:

Keyboard_Construction_Layer.JPG

But with a mech keyboard, theres an individual switch under every key, so you only have to press 30 percent of the way down for the key to register. And depending on the keyboard, you can get from 6 to unlimited keypresses at the same time.

51492336.jpg

JSG10

Expert
Hmm ok.. I thought Razer had their patented "Hyperresponse" technology as it was which is something like 1ms response time... thats fairly quick by any standards lol Mechanical boards are even quicker?! Not sure I could keep up lol

JSG10

Expert
Old KBs used to make this sound, I do miss it ^^ lol
I can't figure out if thats a male or female typing lol

F3AR

First, @Linear, Are you linearHD from Youtube? if so, i envy your editing skills!
Also, Im going with the Razer Mamba (£90 on amazon, its 10% off!)
It might be bloody expensive, but i have fell in love with it!
Also, those mechanical keyboards, the sound, although it's cool, it'll probably be really annoying for anyone else in the room, and you for that matter, for the first 3 months lol!

LinearHD

Rising Star
Old KBs used to make this sound, I do miss it ^^ lol
I can't figure out if thats a male or female typing lol

If you pause at 0:32 you can see a well kept, manicured pinky that no proud male could wield XD

First, @Linear, Are you linearHD from Youtube? if so, i envy your editing skills!
Also, Im going with the Razer Mamba (£90 on amazon, its 10% off!)
It might be bloody expensive, but i have fell in love with it!
Also, those mechanical keyboards, the sound, although it's cool, it'll probably be really annoying for anyone else in the room, and you for that matter, for the first 3 months lol!

Yes i am, thank youuuu :D
And yes I was considering the Mamba, but they didn't have one at PC World and the first thing I got my hands on was the Adder... and had to force myself to let go XD Yeah I'm just lucky my room is more or less abandoned at all times (apart from me ofcourse) hahaha