Helllo

bg92

Expert
Stick with the caviar black, as the green to save energy spins dow to 5400 rpm whereas the black will constantly run at 7200rpm, I would only consider green as a secondary drive for storage.

Nemesis

Call of duty : Black Ops

Settings : 2,560 x 1,600 4x AA 16xAF, DirectX 9, Maximum Detail

Min FPS : 37 Avg FPS : 67

I think the card might just manage it :p

Nemesis

I use a green as a boot drive and have had no problems everything is nippy
but for £21 especially when your under budget if you feel in doubt just go for it

JSG10

Expert
Sorry bg92 but rubbish mate. I use a green drive as my primary and it performs well. Yeah I have to wait a second or two for it to spin up but its really not a hardship and in the longterm will actually prolong the life of the drive.
The performance difference is negligable especially when compared to SSDs now.

bg92

Expert
Maybe the performance difference isn't big but for me the black is too slow, need to get an ssd :D. If I was looking to save money then I would get the green but too be honest I don't like to saving, I like spending, so I try to go for the best within the amount of cash i've got. I woud say go for the best you can afford unless you have other spendings or simply want to save money.
Btw I do not know how is my opinion rubish? the green does spins down, and I was only expressing my personal opinion, the price difference does not seem high to me.

I woud say go for the best you can afford unless you have other spendings or simply want to save money.

JSG10

Expert
Sorry, didn't mean your opinon was rubbish. Ignore that XD
Meant that the performance difference was.

For some people that small amount of money makes all the difference :)

The black seems a little pointless to my mind, yes its faster, but not by much and you get less storage for more money.... that just doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather take the very marginal drop in performance and gain more storage for less money OR I would spend out more and go for an SSD if I was serious about performance gains.

bg92

Expert
Lol next time when you use rubbish say what your are referring to. I do understand what point your are coming from, but in my case I don't thing I will ever use up the 640gb, I've got so I do not need extra storage and that might be the case for other people as well.

Anyway it all comes down to personal preference and choosing the correct stuff for your needs.

btw rubbish ignored :D

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I don't think so after you've already received the system, but they can if it's still being built.

Tom DWC

Can warranties be extended?

I could be wrong but I think you can providing you renew it at least 3 months before it expires (pretty sure Meds posted something about it other day).