Need Help With Wireless PCI-E Card

LinearHD

Rising Star
Hi again guys :D

I know I've been gone for a while now, due to several distractions, mainly my amazing new PC! Yes, theres pics to come when I get around to doing it, but atm I need a bit of help: my wireless signal, is, well, rubbish. 3 bars at best. But on my laptops, which are a lot further away from the router, the signal is excellent (a full 5 bars).

I'm certain this isn't the routers fault, and I've tried everything to try and fix it - reseating it, swapping the aerials over, even re installing the driver. But nothing. I'm looking into temporary wired solutions, but in the long run this is impractical since I bought the wireless for a reason.

If anyone has any help, please leave a comment, all will be appreciated :D PCS mailed me asking me to try and re install the router firmware but a) I don't know how to do this b) I'm not sure it'll be effective and c) the problems not with the router anyway?

Thanks in advance!

PokerFace

Banned
my wireless signal, is, well, rubbish. 3 bars at best.

Is it just the fact that your pc connection shows 3 bars and your laptops show 5 bars the thing that's concerning you, or are you actually having problems such as disconnects or much slower speeds etc.?

If it's just the number of bars....don't look at the bars :)

If it's disconnects etc., I don't know, but someone will I expect.

Good luck.

LinearHD

Rising Star
Yeah, the connection is appalling, it takes me about 5 minutes to load up a 30 second youtube clip... each page takes several, long attempts to open and connection randomly drops out so I have to wait for an age to do anything.

LinearHD

Rising Star
Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to show the difference between my wireless and wired connections:

Wireless:
1356210584.png

Wired:
1356214127.png

I know a wireless connection will never be as good as a wired one, but this much of a difference? Really? Anyway, I've requested a new card which should be here by monday, and we'll see if all goes well :)

Teaz

Godlike
proberly a fault to the card unless something is interrupting the wireless connections like phone signals or so? if the new card comes an gets better signal then its just card fault. if it still persists then you may perhaps getting interrupted connections from something?

LinearHD

Rising Star
proberly a fault to the card unless something is interrupting the wireless connections like phone signals or so? if the new card comes an gets better signal then its just card fault. if it still persists then you may perhaps getting interrupted connections from something?

yeahh, there are quite a few laptops and other devices around the house, but even turning them all off makes no significant difference... I hope the new cards better :)

Teaz

Godlike
Just hope it isnt your neighbours or so then lol Since the Funniest odd thing i know was a fishtank interfering with a mates wireless connetion lol