The Advantage to Having 1600MHz (or higher) RAM

jayjay

Enthusiast
yeah i was tempted by the 2133mhz but read around that it was not that stable but according to ur article it was not realy any faster, cheers

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Pretty much why I went for the 8gb of 1600mhz ram.....not to mention it was proven more bang for less deniro; whereas 2133mhz isnt quite so much of a safe performance increase. That article shows why. Good find. :)

LinearHD

Rising Star
Pretty much why I went for the 8gb of 1600mhz ram.....not to mention it was proven more bang for less deniro; whereas 2133mhz isnt quite so much of a safe performance increase. That article shows why. Good find. :)

Yeah after reading this I amended my order for the Hyper-X (didn't cost much more than the 1333!), and then I thought I'd post this on the forums to help out anyone who can't make up their mind on weather it's worth it or not :D

Gorman

Author Level
Confirms what i think about memory speeds, you have to measure the difference in performance to even notice it, theres some very uniform graphs!

LinearHD

Rising Star
Confirms what i think about memory speeds, you have to measure the difference in performance to even notice it, theres some very uniform graphs!

Yepp, I thought it would be good to post this article here as people are constantly choosing the wrong RAM for their intents and purposes, and it would be cool to have a single, reliable source of information haha