The Nemesis - Pictures+Video+my experience with PCS

samx300

Enthusiast
Damn thats a shame tom, i was hoping to do the same on my SSD when the rig arrives. i had thought it was just a matter of making a partition and changing the BIOS settings, what actually caused your problems, do you know?

If I may ask, why don't you guys with the Z68 boards just dedicate a cheap 20GB SSD entirely to caching? This 20gig drive won't be visible while your PC is running, and it should take care of all your caching needs.
This should solve all your SSD partitioning issues, right? And I do believe PCS have a dedicated configuration section to select these 20GB SSD Caching Drives..

If you still want blistering performance, just get another SSD and use it as a standard volume and install games, video/photo editing apps on it :)

Cheers

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Damn thats a shame tom, i was hoping to do the same on my SSD when the rig arrives. i had thought it was just a matter of making a partition and changing the BIOS settings, what actually caused your problems, do you know?

If you get pcs to set it up for you then it should work straight away. I had to change the bios and set the raid, then reinstall windows. But every single time I restarted whilst set in raid, it computer crashed on start up, turned off then restarted, this cycle kept going. lol so thats why installed the OS to the SSD, which I must say is pretty fast.