Vantage Scores

PaulH

Bright Spark
OK, got a very good power supply now, i knew it was the old one letting me down :)

Attachments

• clocked.jpg
    clocked.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 221

Gorman

Author Level
Holy crap wheres 30?

Im at the roof of my firmwares voltage, and im not flashing it :D

Might get round you with the I7 overclock tomorrow.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Im hitting the 460s with 1.1v as opposed to 0.975 which is perfectly fine, i dont wanna go into the unsafe realms- and I dont want orange plastic everywhere, the 30k will be here when i finally put my loop in :)

Last edited:

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Vantage makes my PC cry. But the tears are coming from my ATI PhysX-less GPU, time to go back to good green from commie red methinks. Will post score tomorrow, I'm yawning too much to do it now.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
New rig Gorman, back on the green team.

Not yet overclocked the GTX 460's, and might push my i7 a bit further.

gtx460sli.jpg

Timbercottage

Bronze Level Poster
i7 930 and gtx 460 stock speeds.
stock.png

Now with the 930 overclock to 4GHz (As far as I dare to go) and the 460 also clocked
clock.png

Not too bad. Temperatures hit a max of 85 on the CPU :s Might bring that down just a touch.

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
i7 930 and gtx 460 stock speeds.
stock.png

Now with the 930 overclock to 4GHz (As far as I dare to go) and the 460 also clocked
clock.png

Not too bad. Temperatures hit a max of 85 on the CPU :s Might bring that down just a touch.

Your CPU score on the second one is only about 3000 points more than my CPU score on stock clocks. Or does the GPU come into play with the CPU score?

Timbercottage

Bronze Level Poster
Your CPU score on the second one is only about 3000 points more than my CPU score on stock clocks. Or does the GPU come into play with the CPU score?

I did notice that and was a little disappointed by my score, I thought our systems would be fairly closely matched, apart from the Graphics. I had afterburner running through the tests and the GPU load dropped to near 0% during the CPU tests so it can't have played a part in the scores for the CPU. It looks like your scores have an anomoly though - 1164.58 on feature test 1? Compared to my 40.33!? Maybe that's skewing the results a bit?

Gorman

Author Level

With Nvidia cards and vantage the Physx calculations add to the CPU score giving outragous high scores. Enter ATI people shouting Physx off! Physx off! no fair!

Matt

Bright Spark
With Nvidia cards and vantage the Physx calculations add to the CPU score giving outragous high scores. Enter ATI people shouting Physx off! Physx off! no fair!

I was expecting a much lower score without Physx, happy all round.

Matt

Bright Spark
Score using the latest ATI drivers, this will be my final score contribution towards the thread. :)