Vortex III / LE Speakers

Red0x

What's the speaker quality like on these machines? I'm interested in using the laptop as an all in one gaming/media hub for when going on holidays or whatever and don't like the idea of having to carry a set of portable speakers as well.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The speakers are Onkyo models, which are very high quality and a very well established brand in the professional audio/hifi market. Here's a quick video scroll to around 2 min 30:

[video=youtube;tX-QdIf02eQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX-QdIf02eQ[/video]

Red0x

Cheers for the quick reply :) In your opinion, which offers the best overall audio experience? The Vortex III or the MSI based Skyfire II? Whilst I'm on about the Skyfire, is it actually 3.1 kilos as stated or heavier? Also, do you know if you'll be getting any MSI based 15.6" models in?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We do not plan to stock any 15.6" SkyFire chassis. I like both the SkyFire and Vortex series - the SkyFire is bigger than the Vortex III LE (17.3" as opposed to 15.6") and has more powerful graphics.

marvir

Enthusiast
I bought this as I had to get rid of my 2.1 speakers coz of all my travelling.. It's not amazing, but for the ease of portability, and just volume, it's actually quite good. It's clear, don't expect any bass though.