want quite pc

jayjay

Enthusiast
Ok, love my pc I got from here but I have had to return to college, economy being crap and all, I need to up skill. When im doing course work the noise of the fans in the corsair obsidian 650d is distracting me alot so im thinkin of changing my case to a fractal define r4 or a odsidian 550d or any suggestions you guys may have for a quite case. These are my components corsair i7 2600k oc ,p67 deluxe,palit nvidia 580 1.5gb, xonar essence stx, 80gb ssd ,750gb cavair black, 1200 w corsair psu, the cpu is cooled by an COOLIT ECO ALC I know these are not quite components but i cant afford to change them. So my question is will they fit particularly the coolit and psu into these cases. What case would you recommend and any other advice would be welcome.
thanks

Wake

Silver Level Poster
Sell the 580 and get a 7850 - the latter runs quiet and is overclockable. With the bags of cash you have left over buy a small fridge and stack cold beer in it. If necessary open the door occasionally for cool air but doubt you will need it. It's not your case I suspect but the MF of a GPU you have in it.

Wake

Silver Level Poster
see this comment:

From what I read from other sites also, the performance is a little bit lower (7850 is between 6950 and 6970 and 7870 is between 6970 and 7950 like: Clicky-Clicky ) but their power consumption is amzing. I mean, the 7850 draws only 100 watt and requires only one 6pin while it offers performance of 6950+5%!!!!!!!! This along with a sandybridge (with its low power consumption) will make a powerful gaming system with only a $40 corsair/antec psu!!!! Now the only thing that is left is an answer from nvidia so we can see prices going down.

You could sell your 1200W PSU as well:0 - oh, turn off your fans then and you have a quiet PC still capable of decent fps.