Whats Your Windows Performance Score?

BAD SANTA

Hi all,

A bit bored so I thought I would start one of these:)

Whats your Windows performance score?
My SSD lets me down big time lol, Time for an upgrade me thinks.

perindex.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Nemesis

5657534256_bbc993d8b6_z.jpg

Hehehehehe!
My WD caviar green gets 6.8

I think this is windows flawed judgement of a component using the psychology "Bigger is better!"
Which it just isnt!

Al.Neri

Super Star
Hi all,

A bit bored so I thought I would start one of these:)

Whats your Windows performance score?
My SSD lets me down big time lol, Time for an upgrade me thinks.

perindex.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

are these scores actually accurate?

you get a higher score for 6GB of ram than I get for 12GB

you have the same graphics card listed as me, but where you get 7.8, I only get 7.7. under gaming graphics, yours says you have 4859MB available, for which again you get 7.8. I have 7931MB available but only get 7.7

Nemesis

Yeh windows experience isnt a great way of rating a system....

1.1 difference between a OCZ 2 120GB drive (SATA III) and a 1TB Caviar green drive (SATA II)

BAD SANTA

are these scores actually accurate?

you get a higher score for 6GB of ram than I get for 12GB

you have the same graphics card listed as me, but where you get 7.8, I only get 7.7. under gaming graphics, yours says you have 4859MB available, for which again you get 7.8. I have 7931MB available but only get 7.7

Its completely accurate, I shouldn't really say this because now I'm going to loose my warranty but hey I have had my rig for over 6 months now lol and now for the answer you have all been waiting for ..............Overclocking..... lol.
First off my Ram is Kingston hyperX OC'd at 2005mhz so its super fast, and my 5970 is OC'd @ 900/1250 so a pretty big overclock when the standard is 725/1000 and I might as well be honest about my CPU which is @ 4.2Ghz lol,
Its a shame you cant overclock SSD's as my lowest might be a bit higher.
what are your core clocks on your 5970?

BAD SANTA

Yeh windows experience isnt a great way of rating a system....

1.1 difference between a OCZ 2 120GB drive (SATA III) and a 1TB Caviar green drive (SATA II)

Yer, but I think its like you said it goes on bigger not faster which is a bit ridiculous really.
Also I probably get penalized because its a OCZ and not an Intel :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I looked at mine the day I recieved it and set it all up (was just poking around the various bits) and I definitely remember the Primary hard disk as being over 1 below the rest of the scores...that being a 1TB WD Cav Black...

...not like you can brag about it anway. Imagine, down the pub..."Hey guys, my WPS is 9" - you now have no friends :)

Nemesis

I looked at mine the day I recieved it and set it all up (was just poking around the various bits) and I definitely remember the Primary hard disk as being over 1 below the rest of the scores...that being a 1TB WD Cav Black...

...not like you can brag about it anway. Imagine, down the pub..."Hey guys, my WPS is 9" - you now have no friends :)

Actually that would be quite impressive considering the highest score is 7.9

Fear

Prolific Poster
Processor 7.7
Memory (Ram) 7.7
Graphics 7.9
Gaming Graphics 7.9
Primary Hard Drive 5.9

I get the same 5.9 on my old system for a 150GB raptor as i do for a 640GB caviar black.

Sie

Gold Level Poster
5.9 over all due to the HDD

processor 7.5 (i5 2500)
RAM 7.5 (4 gig)
graphics 7.9 (GTX 570)
gaming graphics 7.9 (GTX 570)
primary hard disk 5.9 (1tb Caviar green)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Why they dont use an average figure is beyond me. Would definitely give you something that at least has worth when comparing 2 computers.