Do order amendments delay the build?

DanSpurg

My order has been in pre-production for 9 working days and I'm now having second thoughts about which case to have. Am I able to change the case (by amending my order) without delaying the build?

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
It shouldn't affect it, it's in pre-production so they haven't started work on it (they might have collected some of your bits together but nothing to worry about)

Vaio

Enthusiast
My order has been in pre-production for 9 working days and I'm now having second thoughts about which case to have. Am I able to change the case (by amending my order) without delaying the build?

I've been told it doesn't effect your position in the queue. I am also on 9 working days and changed about 6 things on my order lol

DanSpurg

I've been told it doesn't effect your position in the queue. I am also on 9 working days and changed about 6 things on my order lol
When I go to amend it says they have my case in stock but there are more orders for it than they have stock and that delays might be possible. Do you think it’s worth the risk? How long do you think the delay will be?

Psychguy

My desktop was in pre-production yesterday (10 days) and I made one amendment (SSD) and the next day it was in-build, so changing one thing probably won't affect the time much.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
I made 2 changes to mine, one in pre-production and another tweak whilst in build and it didnt seem to slow the process up at all

Vaio

Enthusiast
When I go to amend it says they have my case in stock but there are more orders for it than they have stock and that delays might be possible. Do you think it’s worth the risk? How long do you think the delay will be?

That's probably a question for PCS. If the case you want has already been allocated to other orders then it depends on when they get stock. Could be weeks, or months at a guess.

DanSpurg

I went ahead and did it. Hopefully I don't get any delays/long delays. Will be worth the wait though:)