Pay By Finance

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
Has anyone used this option here? Going by what it says and even if you get accepted for it you still have to wait for documents to come in the post then send them back again then await for them to give PCs the go ahead? So this could delay the “OK” by what 5-7days before PCs even start the process?

FINANCE ACCEPTED

If your order status says Finance Accepted, this means that you have been accepted for your chosen finance agreement. You now need to post the finance agreement documents to PaybyFinance (from Hitachi Capital Plc). Once they receive the documents they will give us the go ahead to proceed with your order.

steaky360

I think it might depend on what the finance company's checks say in your particular case but when I used it I only had to sign the documents online/electronically, there was no waiting to get things approved. There WILL still be a delay until the finance company gets in touch with PCS and pays for your order fully before you'll go into the queue though.

Unfortunately though it is possible that you may be asked to physically sign something (although in my recent personal experience this is less likely).

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
I think it might depend on what the finance company's checks say in your particular case but when I used it I only had to sign the documents online/electronically, there was no waiting to get things approved. There WILL still be a delay until the finance company gets in touch with PCS and pays for your order fully before you'll go into the queue though.

Unfortunately though it is possible that you may be asked to physically sign something (although in my recent personal experience this is less likely).

Any idea how long it took for the finance company to pay PCs? What was the turn around time on your order?

steaky360

Sorry but I don't remember, it was quite a few year ago. I imagine it can vary. Its not like weeks or anything just could be a couple of days, ie if you order today I wouldn't expect anything to happen before Tuesday at the earliest (i.e. before PCS accepts the order etc.) but rest assured PCS will keep you informed throughout the process with any changes and you can always check up with them on the status of your order.

Vaio

Enthusiast
Yeah as above, the majority of finance companies now and especially Hitachi being one of the biggest definitely use electronic signatures. I've used them before and have never needed a wet signature.

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
Morning All,

just a quick question, so the finance option PCs offer the first 12 months is pay nothing unless you want to settle the amount, does this mean you can only ring them to settle the whole amount In the first 12 months, or can you call them monthly and make one off payments of say £100?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Morning All,

just a quick question, so the finance option PCs offer the first 12 months is pay nothing unless you want to settle the amount, does this mean you can only ring them to settle the whole amount In the first 12 months, or can you call them monthly and make one off payments of say £100?
You have to make normal payments in the 1st 12 months as you agree when you create the contract, the option is if you settle the whole bill within 12 months you don’t pay any interest.

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
You have to make normal payments in the 1st 12 months as you agree when you create the contract, the option is if you settle the whole bill within 12 months you don’t pay any interest.

There’s no normal payment option though? It’s buy now start paying in 12 months for 48 months, unless I payoff the whole thing with a one off payment in the first 12 months? This is confusing 🤨 I thought you might be able to make X amount monthly in the first 12months to the company before the 48 months started?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There’s no normal payment option though? It’s buy now start paying in 12 months for 48 months, unless I payoff the whole thing with a one off payment in the first 12 months? This is confusing 🤨 I thought you might be able to make X amount monthly in the first 12months to the company before the 48 months started?
No, buy now, pay now, but settle the account within 12 months and you pay no interest.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah, sorry, I’ve just seen what you’re referring to, I wasn’t aware that was an option.

Normally with these accounts, you can make additional payments whenever you like.

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
Ah, sorry, I’ve just seen what you’re referring to, I wasn’t aware that was an option.

Normally with these accounts, you can make additional payments whenever you like.

yer it’s all abit confusing lol, maybe I’ll send PCs and email just to get clarification, I’d like to make monthly repayments in the first 12 months before the 48 months started, but I think all you can do is make a one off in the first 12 months ahhhh 🤷🏻‍♂️

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yer it’s all abit confusing lol, maybe I’ll send PCs and email just to get clarification, I’d like to make monthly repayments in the first 12 months before the 48 months started, but I think all you can do is make a one off in the first 12 months ahhhh 🤷🏻‍♂️
I would definitely contact PCS to clarify.

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
I'd second contacting PCS to ask....based on what limited information they have on that page, your only option during the first 12 months is to pay the full amount (plus the early pay-off fee) but maybe not every scenario is listed there

Yer I’ve sent them an email just for clarification tbh, there was this also but still would like a set in stone answer tbh.

Attachments

• 0FCF55C8-4C4E-4FAD-9EBA-5CDDC0A97E07.png
    0FCF55C8-4C4E-4FAD-9EBA-5CDDC0A97E07.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 315

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
It’s a shame really there’s only one finance option available, would of thought being such a big company etc they’d have more options available, like a 12/24/36 plan etc :/

TomBerry

Bright Spark
When I was reading my contract with Hitachi it says you have 12 months to pay it off with no interest so you could keep making repayments for the first year I believe, any amount. Just as long as it’s paid for in the first year there’s no interest, just need to log into your Hitachi finance plan

dean89

Bronze Level Poster
When I was reading my contract with Hitachi it says you have 12 months to pay it off with no interest so you could keep making repayments for the first year I believe, any amount. Just as long as it’s paid for in the first year there’s no interest, just need to log into your Hitachi finance plan

Yer id happily do this, I’d make like £100/200 pound payments a month thenwhat ever would be left on the 12th month, but this is the question I’m awaiting a 100% clarification on before committing lol.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yer id happily do this, I’d make like £100/200 pound payments a month thenwhat ever would be left on the 12th month, but this is the question I’m awaiting a 100% clarification on before committing lol.
You'll need to phone PCS. The best info you'll get on here are others experiences which may not be current or may not match your circumstances.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
This is a screenshot I have from my contract with Hitachi Finance, which is the buy now pay later scheme :)

Sorry if it’s small, it’s a screenshot off my phone.

Attachments

• A7D8944A-1E6E-4660-B4FF-481D72E12032.jpeg
    A7D8944A-1E6E-4660-B4FF-481D72E12032.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 374