Some help with changing gpu

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
Hey guys, basically I'm swapping my rtx 2080ti with a normal 2060 6gb while I wait for the 3080 pre order to come through, it's going to take quite long and I desperately need a working pc.

So the silly question is

After removing the 2080ti card from mobo do i need unplugging the cables that were inserted in the psu or can i just make use of these cables and only install the 2060 in the mobo and plug the remaining old cables in the card that's it? Or would I need removing everything that came with 2080?

Full spec below

Thank you in advance, everyone

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500M GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core CPU (4.7GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
While it's entirely possible to run the GPU from the wires already there, it is better to use the cables that came with the new GPU as, if there's an issue, you don't know if it's the new GPU or the cabling that's at fault
Thank you very much, that response was really really fast 👍. Fair enough.

I also remembered that I got an m.2 nvme called samsung 970 evo plus (V-NAND SSD) with 500gb, would this bad boy work for my rig if you would know by chance? And if it does, would it be an impossible mission for a newbie to add it?

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
Having said that, even using the new cabling, you may still not know if it's the cabling or the GPU itself if there's a problem.....oh dear, I kind of failed big time with that one didn't I? :ROFLMAO:

It's always a good idea to use the cabling that comes with any hardware because....well, I'm sure it is a good idea and I'm sure there is a good explanation...it's just eluding me at present :oops: Not really helping at all here am I? :rolleyes:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
GPU's don't come with cables, except the 3070 and up, but they're a one off.

The cables belong to the GPU, you should always use the PSU cables that came with that particular PSU.

In this instance, you can use the same cables.

And yes, the 970 Evo will work fine in your system. It's really simple to add.

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
GPU's don't come with cables, except the 3070 and up, but they're a one off.

The cables belong to the GPU, you should always use the PSU cables that came with that particular PSU.

In this instance, you can use the same cables.

And yes, the 970 Evo will work fine in your system. It's really simple to add.
Thank you, would I need to remove every component from the mobo or could it be done easier ?

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
Also if I wanted to perform a clean windows reinstall, do I need a serial code or something? Or is my windows one time use idk 😅 i did add windows 10 when purchasing my system

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also if I wanted to perform a clean windows reinstall, do I need a serial code or something? Or is my windows one time use idk 😅 i did add windows 10 when purchasing my system
It will come fully installed and configured. The license key is tied to your BIOS, it's a digital key, so when you reinstall it will automatically pick it up from your BIOS, you don't need to enter anything.

Babychino yolk

Bronze Level Poster
It will come fully installed and configured. The license key is tied to your BIOS, it's a digital key, so when you reinstall it will automatically pick it up from your BIOS, you don't need to enter anything.
Awesome! Didn't know it works like that but its very good to know.

Thanks friend 👍