RTX 3080

kozuki

Enthusiast
I can't wait for my build to come now that I've seen how good cyberpunk looks, today is exactly 2 calendar months since the pre-production began and it seems like people are getting builds with 3080 complete around my order date too, I can only hope that you get enough stock next week to make many people happy on holidays! And seems like 5900X orders after my order date are going out too, so I suppose mine should be waiting in reserve

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Wow, I’m a sucker for the minimalist design of the FE, jealousy would be an understatement!
I almost feel guilty for getting one and am trying not to mention it too much on the forum for fear of annoying everybody 😶

You guys are doing a cracking job under the circumstances. I had a fair old wait for my system when I ordered during the first lockdown but the staff at PCS were a pleasure to deal with every time I had an interaction with them, and I appreciated the honesty when I asked a question about timeframes and they told me they couldn’t give a concrete answer.

It also allowed me the chance to get on the forum and meet a whole new bunch of people. Six months and 2,603 messages later... I’m still here 🤪

Im still rocking a 1080 :(

Attachments

• images (38).jpeg
    images (38).jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 190
Thats what I keep telling myself !!! brutal doom and dota 2 should keep me going till that day when I load up cyberpunk in all its glory be sad to see the 1080 go may give him a viking funeral in a little boat with a lone horn blowing as the flaming arrows are released least I can do it for it did me proud !!!!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Thats what I keep telling myself !!! brutal doom and dota 2 should keep me going till that day when I load up cyberpunk in all its glory be sad to see the 1080 go may give him a viking funeral in a little boat with a lone horn blowing as the flaming arrows are released least I can do it for it did me proud !!!!
Noooooo! As honourable as that burial would be, it’d be a shame to consign him to the depths. You could get it mounted on a picture frame and have the magnificent creature on display (I may or may not have saved my beloved 970 with the hope of doing exactly that in the future 😶)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I to am rocking the 1080ti and cyberpunk is just fine and dandy no issues at all ;)
But how does it look compared to the teasers we’ve seen over the past year and what settings are you running? I’d be interested to see some screenshots if you get a chance 👍

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've copied out the posts from @Ghosthud (a PCS employee) into a thread I've called PCS Posts on RTX3080 stock position and made it sticky in this (Desktop) section.

It's worth everyone's time to read these posts because they explain why there is a) so much delay, b) so much uncertainty, and c) so little information coming out of PCS. It also lays to bed the rumour that PCS favour those who complain or that orders are not processed in the order in which they are received.

I would encourage everyone to read these posts carefully before asking the same questions over and over again questions that are answered in these detailed posts. Thanks. :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've copied out the posts from @Ghosthud (a PCS employee) into a thread I've called PCS Posts on RTX3080 stock position and made it sticky in this (Desktop) section.

It's worth everyone's time to read these posts because they explain why there is a) so much delay, b) so much uncertainty, and c) so little information to coming out of PCS. It also lays to bed the rumour that PCS favour those who complain or that orders are not processed in the order in which they are received.

I would encourage everyone to read these posts carefully before asking the same questions over and over again, questions that are answered in these detailed posts. Thanks. :)
That's a brilliant idea (y)

AlbiGd

But how does it look compared to the teasers we’ve seen over the past year and what settings are you running? I’d be interested to see some screenshots if you get a chance 👍
The benchmarks from Nvidia are pretty accurate. With everything maxed out the average fps I get is around 52 in 4k. It's a very big game and it's packed with npcs and some things like the magazines, the posters on the walls are pretty low res. Opposite to that the level of detail on the characters is insane. Overall it doesn't look bad, obviously, but it didn't blow me away like Destiny did in 4k.

Prime

The benchmarks from Nvidia are pretty accurate. With everything maxed out the average fps I get is around 52 in 4k. It's a very big game and it's packed with npcs and some things like the magazines, the posters on the walls are pretty low res. Opposite to that the level of detail on the characters is insane. Overall it doesn't look bad, obviously, but it didn't blow me away like Destiny did in 4k.
Were you running DLSS at all?

RobSas

Bronze Level Poster
It was good to read the posts from @Ghosthud. I'm waiting on my second purchase from PCS and as @Ghosthud has mentioned PCS are a system builder, not a component supplier.

In previous roles I've worked as an IT purchaser for systems and components and operations/build scheduler.

In the early 1990's I saw acute shortages in IT kit due to the market crash. At one point, Compaq LTE laptops were shipping but not the external power supplies! 500 laptops in their warehouse and no way to switch them on!

In 1995 the effects of the Kobe earthquake knocked back production of all sort of components, CPU's, motherboards, hard disks, ram as well a consumer electronics. I was working for a system builder then and production literally ground to a halt for a few weeks.
The phrase "Kobe" became the standard mantra used by distributors explaining delays that I was trying to buy components from.

The 2000 .com bubble crash and 9/11 also had effects from component manufacturing to distribution.

PCS will be at the mercy of an extremely fast changing situation not helped (I think) by Nvidia potentially moving some of it's production from TSMC to Samsung's chip foundry's.

Bear in mind that TSMC don't just produce chips for Nvidia but Apple, Intel, AMD and a host of other vendors.

Crypto is on a rise this year which in my thinking will also be contributing to the demand drought we're all suffering from.

This is a very complex situation, more complex than I've seen the 1990s and all vendors, distributors, resellers and system builders are caught up; the lack of timely of updates from manufacturers is really frustrating and unfortunately, PCS (and others) are on the end of the line of "no-news".

I'm not an employee of PCS btw.

Gavras

Master Poster
It was good to read the posts from @Ghosthud. I'm waiting on my second purchase from PCS and as @Ghosthud has mentioned PCS are a system builder, not a component supplier.

In previous roles I've worked as an IT purchaser for systems and components and operations/build scheduler.

In the early 1990's I saw acute shortages in IT kit due to the market crash. At one point, Compaq LTE laptops were shipping but not the external power supplies! 500 laptops in their warehouse and no way to switch them on!

In 1995 the effects of the Kobe earthquake knocked back production of all sort of components, CPU's, motherboards, hard disks, ram as well a consumer electronics. I was working for a system builder then and production literally ground to a halt for a few weeks.
The phrase "Kobe" became the standard mantra used by distributors explaining delays that I was trying to buy components from.

The 2000 .com bubble crash and 9/11 also had effects from component manufacturing to distribution.

PCS will be at the mercy of an extremely fast changing situation not helped (I think) by Nvidia potentially moving some of it's production from TSMC to Samsung's chip foundry's.

Bear in mind that TSMC don't just produce chips for Nvidia but Apple, Intel, AMD and a host of other vendors.

Crypto is on a rise this year which in my thinking will also be contributing to the demand drought we're all suffering from.

This is a very complex situation, more complex than I've seen the 1990s and all vendors, distributors, resellers and system builders are caught up; the lack of timely of updates from manufacturers is really frustrating and unfortunately, PCS (and others) are on the end of the line of "no-news".

NVIDIA spats it dummy with TSMC and move all its RTX 3000 build to Samsung.

Samsung have not been ready and appears over committed with other stuff.

additionally the global shortage of components that make up modern tech, mainly MLCC has really kicked everything...

Also remember that MLCC thing, the STRIX uses all MLCC‘s.

two years ago, our build line went from a 12 week lead time for PSU to over 22 weeks.

as of the other week, some components such as MLCC are looking at a 50 week lead time.... do that maths on that one.

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member

NVIDIA spats it dummy with TSMC and move all its RTX 3000 build to Samsung.

Samsung have not been ready and appears over committed with other stuff.

additionally the global shortage of components that make up modern tech, mainly MLCC has really kicked everything...

Also remember that MLCC thing, the STRIX uses all MLCC‘s.

two years ago, our build line went from a 12 week lead time for PSU to over 22 weeks.

as of the other week, some components such as MLCC are looking at a 50 week lead time.... do that maths on that one.

Couldn't have said it better myself, wanna do the remaining 619 email enquiries for me?