RTX 3080

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was not aware you could send in your own parts but it's too late now. My Pc comes today and I already have the new parts. I take it apart at my own risk I'm fully aware of that. But with any luck I can install my Board and Cpu and all is okay and get it all back to together with no problems. Doesn't stop me from bricking myself but there is plently of helpful guides out there that show you step by step how to build and take apart the Pc so I will just take it slow and steady and be careful as I go along.
Why on earth didn't you just build your own?

Very odd.

Why on earth didn't you just build your own?

Very odd.
It was never the intention to which is why I ordered from PCS, however when I tried to amend the order back to the i9 which I had before changing to the 3090 they didnt have the stock for the i9 or the Motherboard unfortunately. I did speak to PCS on the phone and they advised there was no way to go back as the last of the stock for it had sold through with no indication to when they would have it back in stock... so in sense I could then be in a longer queue..... which is why I bought the parts separately elsewhere.

tierenobre

So my PC just arrived, I removed the 3080 strix from my order and managed to buy an RTX 3080 on another website. So I asked the PCS to send me the PC with the cables prepared for installation. Well, it arrived like this and I have no idea how to install my graphic card hhaahahhahaha

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 301

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So my PC just arrived, I removed the 3080 strix from my order and managed to buy an RTX 3080 on another website. So I asked the PCS to send me the PC with the cables prepared for installation. Well, it arrived like this and I have no idea how to install my graphic card hhaahahhahaha
The GPU cables are the loose ones, they’re already installed.

DanFrewer

I had some good news this morning , Im currently on my 20th pre-production ,and after changing my 3080 to 3090 ,got an email last week that the Estimated build time will be 31st of January and that theyll update me every 5 days for any changes.
Today I received an email saying that Now the current estimated build time is 20th of January ,Yeyy ! Hopefully it will stay at this date or sooner ,fingers crossed !
Whats in your build as im on 21 with a 3090 but haven’t had one email 😞

nabulio

Just got off the phone with PCS. The 5900x delivery hasn't arrived yet and, rather disconcertingly, I was also informed that my GPU, the standard 3090, is not in stock. I said the website suggested otherwise, but I was given the stock answer about the 3000 series supply constraints, so I'm not sure how accurate this is. It's a big blow if true as it would completely negate the rationale for the upgrade.

DanFrewer

Just got off the phone with PCS. The 5900x delivery hasn't arrived yet and, rather disconcertingly, I was also informed that my GPU, the standard 3090, is not in stock. I said the website suggested otherwise, but I was given the stock answer about the 3000 series supply constraints, so I'm not sure how accurate this is. It's a big blow if true as it would completely negate the rationale for the upgrade.
If this is true we might aswell all go back to the 3080 😂

Im not surprised the 3090 is out of stock now aswell with the amount of people that swapped 🤣

nabulio

are you saying 3090's are also out of stock
This is what I was told. The person on the phone looked at my build and said the 3090 wasn't in stock either. I was surprised, so I clarified if he meant the 3090 and he said yes. It would be helpful if someone could get independent confirmation, as this may be a case of miscommunication. I sure do hope so.

DanFrewer

This is what I was told. The person on the phone looked at my build and said the 3090 wasn't in stock either. I was surprised, so I clarified if he meant the 3090 and he said yes. It would be helpful if someone could get independent confirmation, as this may be a case of miscommunication. I sure do hope so.
This rate I might swap to the radeon card

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was not aware you could send in your own parts but it's too late now. My Pc comes today and I already have the new parts. I take it apart at my own risk I'm fully aware of that. But with any luck I can install my Board and Cpu and all is okay and get it all back to together with no problems. Doesn't stop me from bricking myself but there is plently of helpful guides out there that show you step by step how to build and take apart the Pc so I will just take it slow and steady and be careful as I go along.
You do know that if you change the CPU and/or motherboard you will almost certainly invalidate all PCS warranties??

From the Terms & Conditions....
7.9 We reserve the right to suspend the warranty or refuse service if your Case, Motherboard, CPU or BIOS have been replaced without authorisation.
Any tampering, repair or modification by unauthorised personnel voids the warranty.

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
when did you place your order, did you upgrade from a 3080 and if you did, when did you do that?

willrnt

Bronze Level Poster
i just saw your previous posts, if you're cpu is still out of stock then that MIGHT explain why, they wouldnt allocate components to your build until they have all arrived, this is an assumption (based on what i've seen in this forum) however and i can't confirm this myself

rich1241

I'm in the 5900x/3080 queue & only on 33 working days. Just gonna sit it out and wait...all very understandable with everything going on (much as I'd love to have my new machine right now)!

Just a heads up for you all.. I switch my 5800x cpu out for a 3800xt on Saturday due to being in two preorder queues. I figured switching the processor would be better than the graphics in the long run and I’ll eventually look to upgrade it. My pc has just gone into build today (66 days) 😃 really looking forward to getting it

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
Just a heads up for you all.. I switch my 5800x cpu out for a 3800xt on Saturday due to being in two preorder queues. I figured switching the processor would be better than the graphics in the long run and I’ll eventually look to upgrade it. My pc has just gone into build today (66 days) 😃 really looking forward to getting it
3080 gpu?