Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Harag

Gold Level Poster
Also on 39 days 5900x no gpu, hopefully mine will go into building soon lol

I ordered 5900x and a 3080, and just removed the 3080 from my build on friday. I'm currently on about 41 days. I'm going to put my 1080 card in for now and order the 3080 later.

TheSabro

I have a 5900x and 3070 in my build. I placed my order on December 29th. Chances to get my PC before march look grim now that they don't have a PSU that I need. 20 days of pre-production. We need to find a person which had waited for the longest time to at least try and estimate our position in the queue.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
47 working days ordered on the 18/11/20 at 14:07. Phoned on Wednesday and a CS agent called Liam said that they were expecting some 5900X on Saturday but no guarantees. But either way apparently if they do get some in then I am near the front of the line but if none come in then I asked to be dropped down to the 5800X and should be put in the build queue on Monday / Tuesday. As they have all the parts , was just waiting on the CPU. Was lucky to be allocated a 6800XT quite early due to my order going through 7mins after they came out which put me among the first batch of orders. Hopefully everyone starts to theirs built. Liam said on the phone that they have loads of 5800X in stock.

TheSabro

47 working days ordered on the 18/11/20 at 14:07. Phoned on Wednesday and a CS agent called Liam said that they were expecting some 5900X on Saturday but no guarantees. But either way apparently if they do get some in then I am near the front of the line but if none come in then I asked to be dropped down to the 5800X and should be put in the build queue on Monday / Tuesday. As they have all the parts , was just waiting on the CPU. Was lucky to be allocated a 6800XT quite early due to my order going through 7mins after they came out which put me among the first batch of orders. Hopefully everyone starts to theirs built. Liam said on the phone that they have loads of 5800X in stock.
Well time to get my PC in march then, I kinda need that 5900x instead of 5800x since I'll be using a lot of CAD software. Unless they start receiving batches of those R9s I will have to downgrade to 5800x...

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Well time to get my PC in march then, I kinda need that 5900x instead of 5800x since I'll be using a lot of CAD software. Unless they start receiving batches of those R9s I will have to downgrade to 5800x...
I would recommend to give them a call.Then pick a date with them and tell them that if by say Monday 1st of March if your build has not started yet to get the 5900X to be auto put to the 5800X. That way your not waiting forever and you are still giving them another 20+ working days which would be fair.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I think you guys should all switch to the 5800 so that I can get 5900 quicker, you know it makes sense.
Only works if they have stock of them coming in. Even bigger competitors are getting less than 20 5900X a week at the moment. But are getting thousands of 5800X in a week. My discord bot goes off around 75-100 times a day of new drops for 5600X and 5800X have not seen a single 5900X drop and only two 5950X drops since early December.

TheSabro

I would recommend to give them a call.Then pick a date with them and tell them that if by say Monday 1st of March if your build has not started yet to get the 5900X to be auto put to the 5800X. That way your not waiting forever and you are still giving them another 20+ working days which would be fair.
Yeah I might do that, thanks for the advice. Also, you said that other parts in Your build were allocated by them, does that mean that they "reserve" parts for a build even when one component is not present?
Btw there should be a big shipment of Ryzen CPUs this week to one of the biggest UK retailers, maybe PCS will get some of those 5900xs (I've read on reddit that OEMs receive more of them than DIY customers).

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I might do that, thanks for the advice. Also, you said that other parts in Your build were allocated by them, does that mean that they "reserve" parts for a build even when one component is not present?
Btw there should be a big shipment of Ryzen CPUs this week to one of the biggest UK retailers, maybe PCS will get some of those 5900xs (I've read on reddit that OEMs receive more of them than DIY customers).
The CS agent on the phone explained it as this. Once you put your order in they look to see what is in stock in your spec and then put that to one side I assume in a box and then when items which arrive which were on pre-order then they are “assigned” to the person that was the first to order and so on. So then when all your parts are in they will start to build. So for myself I ordered 7mins after the 6800XT came out which put me in the first batch of people to get one. They have had all parts except for the 5900X since December 22nd. So I have just been waiting on that. Which is why I got annoyed and phoned up when I saw that someone with a 5900X with a pre-production time of 29 days got one in front of me and ordered after me and waited less time. As I am on 48 days (42 when their PC got built) the agent said they are investigating it because as far as he can see that customer should not have got the 5900X. I am ringing them tomorrow if mine does not go into build today which is what they suggested and then I will lower to the 5800X and got told they will mark it a priority build due to the time waited.

TheSabro

The CS agent on the phone explained it as this. Once you put your order in they look to see what is in stock in your spec and then put that to one side I assume in a box and then when items which arrive which were on pre-order then they are “assigned” to the person that was the first to order and so on. So then when all your parts are in they will start to build. So for myself I ordered 7mins after the 6800XT came out which put me in the first batch of people to get one. They have had all parts except for the 5900X since December 22nd. So I have just been waiting on that. Which is why I got annoyed and phoned up when I saw that someone with a 5900X with a pre-production time of 29 days got one in front of me and ordered after me and waited less time. As I am on 48 days (42 when their PC got built) the agent said they are investigating it because as far as he can see that customer should not have got the 5900X. I am ringing them tomorrow if mine does not go into build today which is what they suggested and then I will lower to the 5800X and got told they will mark it a priority build due to the time waited.
Ah I see, I understand how this system works now. That really sucks that you had to wait for such a long time. I'm also pretty sure that they have 3070s now so I'm only held back by that 5900x. I will also ring them in two weeks if there is no change to "building". Hopefully yours goes into it.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Ah I see, I understand how this system works now. That really sucks that you had to wait for such a long time. I'm also pretty sure that they have 3070s now so I'm only held back by that 5900x. I will also ring them in two weeks if there is no change to "building". Hopefully yours goes into it.
Am ringing tomorrow and will let you know what they say about 5900X stock / deliveries and hopefully they will start to get stock soon.

Hi all.

Im on 49 of pre-production. I amended my 3080 to a 6800XT at 13.58 on launch day. Also 5900X in the build. I have been emailing a CS agent and he has just told me that my order is waiting for both the GPU and CPU. I have questioned how I can still be waiting for a GPU when I ordered 2 mins before release time?? surely I would have been one of the first to get this GPU on my order. This is sooooooo frustrating....

TheSabro

Am ringing tomorrow and will let you know what they say about 5900X stock / deliveries and hopefully they will start to get stock soon.
Sure thank you so much!!
Hi all.

Im on 49 of pre-production. I amended my 3080 to a 6800XT at 13.58 on launch day. Also 5900X in the build. I have been emailing a CS agent and he has just told me that my order is waiting for both the GPU and CPU. I have questioned how I can still be waiting for a GPU when I ordered 2 mins before release time?? surely I would have been one of the first to get this GPU on my order. This is sooooooo frustrating....
call them directly and explain your situation, because it shouldn't be like this, it is possible to buy the 6800XT card

I would do but it takes two hours to get though! the machine is not even for me - its for my son..... I agree though Thesabro- the comms from PCS is awful

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I would do but it takes two hours to get though! the machine is not even for me - its for my son..... I agree though Thesabro- the comms from PCS is awful
Are you pressing 2 for tracking ? It used to take an hour and half but recently has been around 30-45mins for me.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
It's amazing how people seem to be told completely different things depending on who they are speaking to.
My order is actually older than yours (5900X no gpu system ordered 5th Nov 2pm, amended to 6800XT on 18th Nov 2pm).
The guy on the phone today told me I was one of the oldest orders they have and it really shouldn't be too much longer (as in a few more weeks!).
He told me they aren't expecting the 6800XT's again until the start of Feb, and that I would be better off switching to the 6900XT if I wanted my order sooner.
He also said they had 70 5900X's in stock, and 200 5800X's in stock. He advised me to not change my CPU as I was so close to the top of the queue.
Also, rather frustratingly I asked him about my power supply (1000W RMx - which I was forced to switch to as the 850W RMx was out of stock at the end of Nov) which was now showing "pre-order" next to it. He was surprised by this and suggested I change the power supply also, so I have changed to the more expensive 1200W HX power supply.
I haven't decided yet if I'll change graphics cards to the 6900XT yet or not, it's a lot more expensive, as I got the 6800XT before the price increases.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
It's amazing how people seem to be told completely different things depending on who they are speaking to.
My order is actually older than yours (5900X no gpu system ordered 5th Nov 2pm, amended to 6800XT on 18th Nov 2pm).
The guy on the phone today told me I was one of the oldest orders they have and it really shouldn't be too much longer (as in a few more weeks!).
He told me they aren't expecting the 6800XT's again until the start of Feb, and that I would be better off switching to the 6900XT if I wanted my order sooner.
He also said they had 70 5900X's in stock, and 200 5800X's in stock. He advised me to not change my CPU as I was so close to the top of the queue.
Also, rather frustratingly I asked him about my power supply (1000W RMx - which I was forced to switch to as the 850W RMx was out of stock at the end of Nov) which was now showing "pre-order" next to it. He was surprised by this and suggested I change the power supply also, so I have changed to the more expensive 1200W HX power supply.
I haven't decided yet if I'll change graphics cards to the 6900XT yet or not, it's a lot more expensive, as I got the 6800XT before the price increases.
Did you get the name of the CS agent you spoke to. The last two I spoke to was Corey last Monday and Liam on Wednesday/ Thursday.