Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Just got an email saying that mine is going into build now. So hopefully all those around that time should be soon as well. To help others work out their position. Ordered 5900X with a 6800XT at 14:07 on the 18th of November. 49 days in Pre-production.
Congrats and enjoy :)

Out of interest did you contact them about it yesterday? Not that it matters now :)

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Congrats and enjoy :)

Out of interest did you contact them about it yesterday? Not that it matters now :)
Yes, the CS agent said that he was passing it on to the management team as he thinks like what I think that is an error somewhere which is causing people who are dropping the 3080 to no GPU to then get allocated CPUs to speed up their build before people who should be allocated them due to order time and days per-production. He said he would keep and eye on it but said my build had been selected for “picked production” which means it normally goes into build within a couple of days. The big thing he did say is that he agrees that some CS agents have given out wrong information. And that a CS agent should never give you a queue position as they can’t see one on the system so can’t give any ETA. I asked him to play back the recordings of the calls when showing management how I got told a week ago I was number 7 in the queue to get a 5900X to then be told by a nice CS agent called Liam that they can’t see that so not sure why the other agent told me that. When I showed him of at least 4 people that jumped the queue he said it was worrying and would look into it.

Yes, the CS agent said that he was passing it on to the management team as he thinks like what I think that is an error somewhere which is causing people who are dropping the 3080 to no GPU to then get allocated CPUs to speed up their build before people who should be allocated them due to order time and days per-production. He said he would keep and eye on it but said my build had been selected for “picked production” which means it normally goes into build within a couple of days. The big thing he did say is that he agrees that some CS agents have given out wrong information. And that a CS agent should never give you a queue position as they can’t see one on the system so can’t give any ETA. I asked him to play back the recordings of the calls when showing management how I got told a week ago I was number 7 in the queue to get a 5900X to then be told by a nice CS agent called Liam that they can’t see that so not sure why the other agent told me that. When I showed him of at least 4 people that jumped the queue he said it was worrying and would look into it.
Was worth doing then for sure. Hopefully this situation is sorted for other people now that you've brought it up with them :)

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Was worth doing then for sure. Hopefully this situation is sorted for other people now that you've brought it up with them :)
I hope so as I said on the phone that I can see others ringing up and being upset. As it is clear that something is going wrong when it does not even follow their own system. The key for those ringing up is not be angry with the CS guys or come across aggressive as I don't believe that it is their fault. Just sounds like a system glitch or something. Hopefully this give an idea to others around the same waiting time as myself so around 49+ days especially they are waiting on a 5900X and already have a GPU allocated to check up and with luck then they won't be far behind in getting their machines finished.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Liam is brilliant, always spot on!

lambey

I hope so as I said on the phone that I can see others ringing up and being upset. As it is clear that something is going wrong when it does not even follow their own system. The key for those ringing up is not be angry with the CS guys or come across aggressive as I don't believe that it is their fault. Just sounds like a system glitch or something. Hopefully this give an idea to others around the same waiting time as myself so around 49+ days especially they are waiting on a 5900X and already have a GPU allocated to check up and with luck then they won't be far behind in getting their machines finished.
I actually removed my GPU (I'd order the PC at 2:05pm the day the CPU came out, which came out at 2pm), and am currently just waiting for my CPU. I'm really hoping I go into build soon

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Just got an email saying it is ready for dispatch. For those still waiting don’t lose hope and remember to keep reminding customer support. If you need to use me an example of time and what everything let me know and I will post a screenshot of both my spec and order time with how many days in pre-production so that they can try and speed yours up.

Just got an email saying it is ready for dispatch. For those still waiting don’t lose hope and remember to keep reminding customer support. If you need to use me an example of time and what everything let me know and I will post a screenshot of both my spec and order time with how many days in pre-production so that they can try and speed yours up.
Nice hopefully you'll have it in time for the weekend

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Nice hopefully you'll have it in time for the weekend
Would probably take all weekend just download the games 😂. Also my fiancé is having my old machine so will be giving it a clean inside and then wipe the hard drives for her. Knowing my luck she want that doing first before I touch mine 😂. Also will need to use the conversion kit to change the case. It comes with taller feet, mesh front and lower side panel.

Would probably take all weekend just download the games 😂. Also my fiancé is having my old machine so will be giving it a clean inside and then wipe the hard drives for her. Knowing my luck she want that doing first before I touch mine 😂. Also will need to use the conversion kit to change the case. It comes with taller feet, mesh front and lower side panel.
Maybe next weekend then :ROFLMAO:

Don Coyote

Glad you are getting your system but there is something fundamentally flawed with the PCS system for allocating builds. I am now 57 days in production for a 5900x/3080 build and it is taking that long because, whilst the rest of my items are in stock, there is supposedly no supply of the CPU and GPU that I am after. However, from following the threads, other people, on shorter pre-production times have been allocated either a 5900x or others a 3080 which means those parts have been in stock at various times. I know that PCS uses a JIT production system, which is fine when items are readily available, but in the current climate it can result in a first ordered last built type of situation. This is particularly frustrating as I paid in full up front via credit card so PCS have been sat on my money but not allocating parts when they get in to stock.

Having got somewhat frustrated with the process I have emailed [email protected] to cancel my order and outlined the reasons for my cancellation.

MrWilson

Godlike
Glad you are getting your system but there is something fundamentally flawed with the PCS system for allocating builds. I am now 57 days in production for a 5900x/3080 build and it is taking that long because, whilst the rest of my items are in stock, there is supposedly no supply of the CPU and GPU that I am after. However, from following the threads, other people, on shorter pre-production times have been allocated either a 5900x or others a 3080 which means those parts have been in stock at various times. I know that PCS uses a JIT production system, which is fine when items are readily available, but in the current climate it can result in a first ordered last built type of situation. This is particularly frustrating as I paid in full up front via credit card so PCS have been sat on my money but not allocating parts when they get in to stock.

Having got somewhat frustrated with the process I have emailed [email protected] to cancel my order and outlined the reasons for my cancellation.
At 57 days waiting for the 3080 I am not sure who you are referring to regarding people getting 3080s before you; many have waited for over 70 days.
Ultimately though, it's your money and you're welcome to cancel and try elsewhere, and give feedback to PCS regarding your experience through the appropriate channels.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster

I find it is better to ring than email. But I have not seen many people get a 3080 as they have had very few. Most people either went up to a 3090 or down to 3070. You also have to see that Nvidia has the bigger market share so more people was always going to order a new generation Nvidia card which was one of the reasons I switched to AMD this time around. If you switched to a 3070 which they are getting loads of stock in then you probably would have had it built by now. I think they sent out an email to people that ordered a 3080 saying that they are just not getting in enough stock of them and gave options on what to do. If you check the 3070 thread that as soon as people switched from the 3080 to 3070 that it went into build within a couple of days. Yes it might not be the card you want but that is where the choice comes in. Option A - lower to 3070, Option B - remove the GPU from your build which would speed up your build put your old graphics card in the new machine and try and use other methods to buy a 3080. Option C - cancel your order and go to the back of the line at another place who will also have the same issue getting stock. Option D - cancel and try to source the parts yourself, while it can be done it is still a fight with others for the part.
Personally I think Option A is your best bet. While Option B can work it is still quite hard to source a 3080 using other means. Some other places that sell 3080 have told their customers that they don’t expect to see stock in better numbers till the end of March at the earliest and some don’t expect to see stocks go to normal levels till May. As with everything there is choices and decisions to make and I am sure you will make the best one for your self.

TheSabro

I've just finished a call with one of the PCS agents (didn't say their name) and he said that judging by my build position my order will be built in the middle of february (ordered during christmas, processed on 29th of december), 23 working days for now, but it'll go up to like 40 I believe

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I've just finished a call with one of the PCS agents (didn't say their name) and he said that judging by my build position my order will be built in the middle of february (ordered during christmas, processed on 29th of december), 23 working days for now, but it'll go up to like 40 I believe
Just be careful with some CS agents as your build position only matters if you have had all the parts allocated to your build. And that can’t / shouldn’t give a time frame unless you are close to having all your parts allocated. They listening back to the call that one agent told me I was number 7 in the queue when it was not true and they can’t see that. I don’t know if you can ask to speak to a certain CS agent but next time you ring ask for Liam. As he has been beyond helpful with dealing with me. He was the most helpful agent I spoke to.

TheSabro

Just be careful with some CS agents as your build position only matters if you have had all the parts allocated to your build. And that can’t / shouldn’t give a time frame unless you are close to having all your parts allocated. They listening back to the call that one agent told me I was number 7 in the queue when it was not true and they can’t see that. I don’t know if you can ask to speak to a certain CS agent but next time you ring ask for Liam. As he has been beyond helpful with dealing with me. He was the most helpful agent I spoke to.
All right, will do, he said that I only lack CPU so maybe it is possible that I'm close to getting one. Only time will tell. Also, enjoy your PC man!