Oh yeah so im new.

New here, I know my computers, i build many and play with many in different use cases so im actually here to help when possible, Posted the odd post already.

With this PC Drought going on i ordered a PCS Prebuilt from Currys The Tornado R5X (before they upped the price too) I mean initially i just wanted parts, Not gonna lie, was the best way of getting a 3060 Ti and i could use the other stuff for other builds

I was actually quite surprised with how good it is as a unit, and its all still in one piece (I mean im gonna merge it with another PC one day)
And overall im looking at this in the form of "If a non tech savvy person brought this"

That OEM Case that is included is amazing, Im looking at that from a modders perspective, Nice glass panel, loads of options for everything, i mean i can work with this in many ways so i dont mind having a few of them, I actually want another for my old mans computer, Tidy cable management too.

Got the RGB heatink on it too, Its nothing special at the end of the day, the finish is pretty rough but function over form, Its fine Cools the CPU Well, Pretty much any chunk of metal cools these AMD 5 series chips relatively well, Im just glad that its not some low profile thing like stock AMD coolers because a few quid for a tower cooler is worth it IMO

Comes with the Asus B550 Plus board, Completely functional, a decent standard, Personally its boards like this i like to see as a minimum on builds for feature / function set, Also its kinda cute that i got a intel wifi card installed in the thing.

Only comes with a 512 NVMe, as boot, would of been nice to see a 1TB SSD instead of the 2TB HDD but really this is the only corner i see that it was clear a limited budget was being worked with, Function over form after all.

Corsair CV 550w PSU too, Personally the minimum ill recommend, It does the job so its fine for this build, But for future upgrades for people not so tech savvy if do be sure to check the power requirements of new GPU's

No junk on the PC as it arrived, just boot up and go, (personally i uninstalled the antivirus but thats just me using it for other things)

Overall this Tornado R5X from currys is really good for anyone new to PC Gaming, (I mean at least at a 1.3k tag, Its an easy entry high enough spec PC that is well built and thought out, I would be a bit more salty if it was 1.5k but i know thats a currys markup)

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
New here, I know my computers, i build many and play with many in different use cases so im actually here to help when possible, Posted the odd post already.

With this PC Drought going on i ordered a PCS Prebuilt from Currys The Tornado R5X (before they upped the price too) I mean initially i just wanted parts, Not gonna lie, was the best way of getting a 3060 Ti and i could use the other stuff for other builds

I was actually quite surprised with how good it is as a unit, and its all still in one piece (I mean im gonna merge it with another PC one day)
And overall im looking at this in the form of "If a non tech savvy person brought this"

That OEM Case that is included is amazing, Im looking at that from a modders perspective, Nice glass panel, loads of options for everything, i mean i can work with this in many ways so i dont mind having a few of them, I actually want another for my old mans computer, Tidy cable management too.

Got the RGB heatink on it too, Its nothing special at the end of the day, the finish is pretty rough but function over form, Its fine Cools the CPU Well, Pretty much any chunk of metal cools these AMD 5 series chips relatively well, Im just glad that its not some low profile thing like stock AMD coolers because a few quid for a tower cooler is worth it IMO

Comes with the Asus B550 Plus board, Completely functional, a decent standard, Personally its boards like this i like to see as a minimum on builds for feature / function set, Also its kinda cute that i got a intel wifi card installed in the thing.

Only comes with a 512 NVMe, as boot, would of been nice to see a 1TB SSD instead of the 2TB HDD but really this is the only corner i see that it was clear a limited budget was being worked with, Function over form after all.

Corsair CV 550w PSU too, Personally the minimum ill recommend, It does the job so its fine for this build, But for future upgrades for people not so tech savvy if do be sure to check the power requirements of new GPU's

No junk on the PC as it arrived, just boot up and go, (personally i uninstalled the antivirus but thats just me using it for other things)

Overall this Tornado R5X from currys is really good for anyone new to PC Gaming, (I mean at least at a 1.3k tag, Its an easy entry high enough spec PC that is well built and thought out, I would be a bit more salty if it was 1.5k but i know thats a currys markup)
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you like the PC, even if it is in parts 😬

It's also great to hear that you like the case. It's a case I recommend a lot (and seem to be the only one to do so) on more budget builds, I think it's great value for money! I'm not sure if you had it turned on for long but it would be interesting to hear how loud you thought the fans were, it's one of the only shortcomings I've heard about what seems like an otherwise great case!

At the price you got it for this PC seems like a great deal and very well rounded. It's sad that it's raised in price, although I'm not entirely suprised considering the current situation.

MrWilson

Godlike
Bonus points for originality there, guys 😜
owen wilson wow.gif