Forza Horizon 3 Crash to desktop

barlew

Godlike
If I can do anything to help, let me know. Like share my settings, install location, windows configs... whatever you think could be of help to you (y)

Forza Horizon is quite a great game, I absolutely love it.
Thanks for the offer. Im really not sure where to start i cant really pin down what is causing it. are you playing 1080p on ultra?

FerrariVie

Super Star
Thanks for the offer. Im really not sure where to start i cant really pin down what is causing it. are you playing 1080p on ultra?
Yes, those are my settings:
Forza Horizon 3 22_04_21 23_01_24.jpg Forza Horizon 3 22_04_21 23_01_44.jpg

FerrariVie

Super Star
I was reading something about a service called Nahimic that was causing crashes on ASUS laptops and motherboards for Forza 3 and 4. Not sure if you have tried that already @barlew , but might be a good start. You need to close all the Nahimic processes on the task manager and if it solves your problem with Forza, then deactivate the service from startup.

It looks like this Nahimic thing has something to do with ASUS audio drivers and software, some people also having issues with audio/video creation/editing applications because of this. Some solved their problems just by stopping the service, others uninstalled the ASUS audio drivers and Nahimic to install drivers directly from Realtek.

Last edited:

barlew

Godlike
I was reading something about a service called Nahimic that was causing crashes on ASUS laptops and motherboards for Forza 3 and 4. Not sure if you have tried that already @barlew , but might be a good start. You need to close all the Nahimic processes on the task manager and if it solves your problem with Forza, then deactivate the service from startup.

It looks like this Nahimic thing has something to do with ASUS audio drivers and software, some people also having issues with audio/video creation/editing applications because of this. Some solved their problems just by stopping the service, others uninstalled the ASUS audio drivers and Nahimic to install drivers directly from Realtek.
You are an absolute diamond. After all my searching I haven't seen this suggestion. I am at work at the minute but when i get home from work tonight ill have a look and see if i have that driver running.

barlew

Godlike
I'll pass, but thanks :ROFLMAO: Glad you made it! Now you can blame Asus and enjoy the game! 😅

Just one tip: Forza 4 is a lot better than the 3, specially in 2 points: AI and overall driveability (not even mentioning graphics here). But the 3 is lots of fun as well 👍
Ill definitely get it through steam next time though lol. Microsoft get a pass on this one but i am still less than impressed for their support for the game.