RTX 3080

rouchie

Rising Star
Got email they said they are on track to get 3080 shipments for all orders remaining that were ordered back in 2020, I the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Looks like progress has slowed down so we will be seeing 120 and maybe even 130 working day people on here. Not pcs fault though, damn crypto miners and scalpers.

Currently I'm at 106 working days and in the top 60 orders, I could be 60th place or 10th who knows.

They do recommend any orders in 2021 to go for 3070 if they want to avoid more delays and they will keep queue order
I got that email to but was recommending I change my order and suggested a 3070! I am at 46 days

Just made this account but I'm at 107 working days and mine just went to 'In Building' 10 mins ago
😭I now at 107, and got another email just telling me I am STILL waiting on the graphics card. Feeling like they are just waving a bone I can't reach yet in front of me.

PCS you are a tease

Would there be any value in considering a swap from the 3080 to the 6800XT?
Both very good cards, I would do your own research, make sure all ya parts are compatible for both cards.

Bare in mind what other features they give. 3080 you get access to nvida software which is quite good but may not be for how you use your pc .

Pretty sure someone will have done comparisons of YouTube of the cards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Would there be any value in considering a swap from the 3080 to the 6800XT?
6800XT is an amazing card, all depends if you’re willing to sacrifice some Ray tracing performance and slower adoption of DLSS (AMD are just about to implement their version of it in a driver update, but all depends on developer adoption), raw gaming power though, they’re very neck and neck.

rouchie

Rising Star
I just got another email from PCS "encouraging" me to rethink my Graphics card choice, nothing in 2 months since I ordered then 2 emails in 2 days lol.

Thanks for the replies on my 6800XT query, is that card more likely to be available quicker than the 3080?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just got another email from PCS "encouraging" me to rethink my Graphics card choice, nothing in 2 months since I ordered then 2 emails in 2 days lol.

Thanks for the replies on my 6800XT query, is that card more likely to be available quicker than the 3080?
The 6800xt is in very high demand as well. The 6900xt isn’t exorbitantly more than the 3080, that may be worth a look.

I personally have waited for the 3080 for DLSS, something just makes me think AMD's variant won't be as efficient or 'good', as NVIDIA have been toying with AI for a long time now

rouchie

Rising Star
I personally have waited for the 3080 for DLSS, something just makes me think AMD's variant won't be as efficient or 'good', as NVIDIA have been toying with AI for a long time now
I was thinking or reposting my spec when I hit 50 days pre prod later this week to see if there were any recommended tweaks so might ask for a build based on the same budgest with the 6900x before I decide what to do, think I will probs stich with the 3080 though, and hope others start bailing the q :)

Surreal

1620742156916.png

Got the email yesterday encouraging me to amend my order to a different GPU, but I've waited this long... May as well go all the way!

They don’t. I spoke with them today and they semi-confirmed that in the next batch of cards everyone who ordered in 2020 will be fulfilled. For all you guys on or near 110 days, im guessing you just got unlucky with how its went as if they get a shipment this week/early next week, some people are gonna have there order fulfilled at about 100 days for them.

Bento

Bronze Level Poster

Same here, got 2 emails in 2 days advising me to change cards. This is not very reassuring as it means supply is even worse than before. I'm not going to change cards just because I want the pc earlier, especially if it doesn't suit my needs.

AndrewJohnson263

I put my order in Jan 14th, knowing that I didn't need my new PC until June and that the delays with the 3080 were significant. Hopefully I'm still around the middle of June so despite the emails I will hold on a bit longer. Now if the rest of you can switch to their suggestion of the 3070 maybe I might get my new PC in May!!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Schmoo2k

Bronze Level Poster
I wish there was an option to ship the build without GPU (Have an old one I could use while waiting) and then just ship the GPU once it arrives...