LED STRIPS IN CASE

Hazzaharibo

Hi there, I received my new PC at Christmas and has built in LED Strips in the case that are fixed on the colour green. Sometimes these lights are extremely bright whilst late night working/gaming. My PC has built in iCue and Aura software which control the fans and motherboard, however I cannot seem to control the LEDs anywhere.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to turn these LED strips off?

Cheers, Hazza

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Hazzaharibo

Hi all, I've had my pc since the 26th of December 2020, and I chose the built-in green LED strips for the inside of the case, however I would like to either unplug/turn them off as they're very bright and are bad for nightime gaming, can anyone give some advice on how to do this?

Cheers x
Hazza.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all, I've had my pc since the 26th of December 2020, and I chose the built-in green LED strips for the inside of the case, however I would like to either unplug/turn them off as they're very bright and are bad for nightime gaming, can anyone give some advice on how to do this?

Cheers x
Hazza.
Can you post your full specs from the order page as above?

scarpa1

Enthusiast

Cheers x
Hazza.
The ones I had were connected to the PSU so they were always on.

I have since updated mine to some that are still plugged into PSU but I have a controller that can turn them on or off and change colours, patterns etc.
They are by cablemod, bit pricey but are decent ones.

You also can get ones that plug into the MB if you prefer and are controlled by software but I was after colour and UV strips and these didn't fit the pin connectors on my MB, but the controller ones work pretty well, I guess you don't get complete control over all colours like with software but they do the job for what I wanted.

If you just want to turn them off trace the cable back and see where its plugged in, if it is to the PSU then just unplug it.
Depending on how many wires you have it can be a fiddle but just make sure its the right one.

Thats only going by my build though so as yours will be different then post your full specs in case others need to help you.