Help For Upgrading My PC

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you're using HDMI into the monitor, it's not possible to enable gsync.

GSync only works over display port.

Even if it states it in the driver, it's not actually doing it, it's a hardware limitation of HDMI, it doesn't have the physical ability for NVidia VRR.

The only HDMI that can support it is HDMI 2.1 but that's only available on brand new monitors as it was only released a year ago. This monitor has HDMI 2.0 ports.

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
Did you order with windows though? All builds come with windows, but if you didn't buy windows then it's a test installation which you'd have to wipe and install your own copy.
No its legit windows 10 64 bit Pre Built from very.co.uk
  • Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - Digital License
  • very.co.uk
And also its a display port lead that came with the monitor NOT HDMI i removed the HDMI completely

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No its legit windows 10 64 bit Pre Built from very.co.uk
  • Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - Digital License
  • very.co.uk
And also its a display port lead that came with the monitor NOT HDMI i removed the HDMI completely
Ok, just now you said it was a dp to dp adapter.

Sorry, I'm getting a tad confused.

Ok, so if you've got a display port to display port cable, then you can configure gsync.

Then we need to find where this performance issue is happening.

Could you have HWMonitor running at all times so you can take screenshots of the temps during tests.

Then can you first run Prime95 on default settings for about 10 minutes and then take a screenshot of the CPU temps in HWMonitor.

At the same time, have windows Resource Manager open, have CPU and Memory sections maxxed, and sort CPU by CPU and Memory by Working and take a screenshot of that as well while Prime95 is running.

1635549042086.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In Resource monitor, your CPU section is sorted by Status rather than CPU, so it's not really showing anything of any meaning, and the memory section is sorted by private, we need that on working.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok there's a few areas here we need to address.

Firstly, Winrar, is that a licensed version or did you download a free version? Is there any reason you're using it? It's very old and not good at all anymore, 7zip is free and covers every archive file ever made.

When doing any kind of testing, you need to have everything closed except the tools, otherwise it messes with results. So Chrome, Discord, WinRAR, Steam, Windows Media Player all need to be fully closed.

For testing, you need to uninstall FSecure, I would strongly recommend leaving it uninstalled, it's dreadful and an absolute resource hog, I wouldn't be surprised if that's causing file lockouts.

Could you open powershell as administrator and run the following command:

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* | Select-Object DisplayName, DisplayVersion, Publisher, InstallDate | Format-Table –AutoSize > $env:userprofile\documents\InstalledPrograms.txt

Then post that txt file which will be in your documents directory.

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
I used the free version of winrar cause thats all i have ever used, and F Secure is paid for. I get it cheaper than anything else, because i had it through my ISP Virgin Media.

Attachments

• InstalledPrograms.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 117

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
I uninstalled WinRar and got 7Zip installed, i don't know what to do about F Secure other than turn it off when im streaming / Gaming

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I used the free version of winrar cause thats all i have ever used, and F Secure is paid for. I get it cheaper than anything else, because i had it through my ISP Virgin Media.
You don't need it firstly, windows has built in security which is far better and uses less resources.

As I said, for testing you need to remove it, because it's awful and will be affecting performance.

Once we know the PC is behaving the way it should, then you're free to install what you like.

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
You don't need it firstly, windows has built in security which is far better and uses less resources.

As I said, for testing you need to remove it, because it's awful and will be affecting performance.

Once we know the PC is behaving the way it should, then you're free to install what you like.
I was always on the understanding windows defender was trash, that said im not completely clued in in regard to that stuff either. just going by what i was told by others. I will retest today without the other stuff open and repost, the other issue i have is how to screen shot my PC doesnt do it PrtScn does nothing niether did the common Alt+ commands etc.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was always on the understanding windows defender was trash, that said im not completely clued in in regard to that stuff either. just going by what i was told by others.
Was relevant back in early Windows 7 days, not for the last 5 years or so.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was always on the understanding windows defender was trash, that said im not completely clued in in regard to that stuff either. just going by what i was told by others.
That's not been true since they integrated Defender into Windows 8. For most users Defender is all you need in Windows 8/8.1/10 and 11.

the other issue i have is how to screen shot my PC doesnt do it PrtScn does nothing niether did the common Alt+ commands etc.
Then there is a likely a problem with your Windows installation. PrtrScn and Alt+PrtScn work just as you'd expect in Windows 10 and 11.

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
So i don't actually need an antivirus at all these days ???

FN + Windows + PrtScn (finally decided to work) tbh i may be confused between my old PC and the new one

And i had to attach the images as files, they were to large (assumably because the print screen spanned all 3 monitors).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So i don't actually need an antivirus at all these days ???

And i had to attach the images as files, they were to large (assumably because the print screen spanned all 3 monitors).
Yes, everyone needs av, it's just that defendernis widely regarded as one of the best and is free.