Buying this for my son, Im just needing some advice on the Hard drive dont want it any bigger but is there any other recommendations?

Ramases24

Case
LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-10400F (2.9GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
GIGABYTE B560M DS3H (rev. 1.0) : LGA1200, DDR4, USB 3.2
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti - DVI, HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB CORSAIR MP400 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 3480 MB/R, 1880 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W CV SERIES™ CV-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 80 V2 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
LED Lighting
50cm UV LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00027]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Google Chrome™
Monitor
AOC 23.8" 24B2XDAM - 1920 x 1080,4MS, D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI
Keyboard & Mouse
CoolerMaster Devastator III Combo Keyboard and Mouse
Headsets
CoolerMaster CH321 Gaming Headset

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What is your budget and what are you planning on using it for?
As well as answering these questions, I'd advise you to give this a read, especially the AMD v intel section

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What to keep it around £1000 mark
It's not going to be remotely possible at that price I'm afraid.

A basic gaming computer currently is costing around £1300 - 1500 but as said, Flight Sim requires an RTX 3080 to be able to maintain 60fps at 1080p, it's ludicrously hungry.

Ramases24

Whats your Suggestions to change and what to change it too? forget about budget, but what to get for a decent starter pack that will run the game, bearing in mind he is 9.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's not going to be remotely possible at that price I'm afraid.

A basic gaming computer currently is costing around £1300 - 1500 but as said, Flight Sim requires an RTX 3080 to be able to maintain 60fps at 1080p, it's ludicrously hungry.
If you don't mind playing at medium (which I personally think is a reasonable compromise in the circumstances and pretty reasonable for a nine-year-old!), you can hit the high 50s with a 1660 Super. This makes a low-end 10400F build £1081 or a 5600X build £1228, and in both cases that involves compromises I'd prefer not to make, and that's not including peripherals, which would add another £200+ to the cost if you're getting anything halfway decent.

@Ramases24, the 1050 Ti you have selected is a really old and weak card: I'm afraid it isn't even remotely capable of playing MSFS, which is an incredibly demanding game. Unfortunately you have selected the worst possible time to be looking at gaming PCs...

barlew

Godlike
If you don't mind playing at medium (which I personally think is a reasonable compromise in the circumstances and pretty reasonable for a nine-year-old!), you can hit the high 50s with a 1660 Super. This makes a low-end 10400F build £1081 or a 5600X build £1228, and in both cases that involves compromises I'd prefer not to make, and that's not including peripherals, which would add another £200+ to the cost if you're getting anything halfway decent.

@Ramases24, the 1050 Ti you have selected is a really old and weak card: I'm afraid it isn't even remotely capable of playing MSFS, which is an incredibly demanding game. Unfortunately you have selected the worst possible time to be looking at gaming PCs...
Could you spec up a reasonable machine, built around the 1660 super? which you would be happy with for @Ramases24 forgetting budget?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This is a spec that was put together for MSFS for @3qtrsamericano 10 year old son a couple of months back

1636142588699.png

Ramases24

@Ramases24 If you were asking about a laptop I would give you all the help in the world. But I am mega out of touch with desktop components so I don't want to give you bad advice. Hopefully someone will be along soon who can help.
I'm willing to consider a laptop if you have any suggestions? Only thing I'm dubious about is the upgrading possibility in the future with a desktop