Unconfirmed reports claim Windows 8 to play Xbox 360 games..

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
My only issue with it is it would point to even less focus on "PC Games" and more on "Lets make console games and make them 'usable' on PC". I know they do that now (baaaad ports), but this could lead to more widespread examples.

And not really sure of the use of it tbh. If you own an XBOX, play those games on that. If you own a PC (everyone should!) play PC games on that. Just seems a bit odd to me, but then that's just my opinion :)

MeveM

Bright Spark
Please God no.

There's already far too many games that have been adapted for consoles. We don't need more with rubbish controls.
It's bad enough to walk into a game shop these days, you have to be Sherlock Holmes to find the PC shelf that's hidden in some back stage room behind curtains and stacked up boxes from console game deliveries.

It's sad to see, I blame the lack of old school gamers who quit playing games and start spending more time on that reality show called real life. Younger gamers can't afford a PC, and parents refuse to buy a gaming PC when they can get a £50 xbox off ebay.

Guess Apple will team up with Playstation next... Microbox and Applestation.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
It'll never happen, tbh I haven't read the article cus am on my phone atm but they make too much money off xbox, if people can play it on pc they're going to lose so much money.

Same thing as the news constantly saying Amsterdam are making cannabis illegal for foreigners lol, it'll never happen cus of the amount of money they make off it.

LDUK

Master Poster
It'll never happen, tbh I haven't read the article cus am on my phone atm but they make too much money off xbox, if people can play it on pc they're going to lose so much money.

Same thing as the news constantly saying Amsterdam are making cannabis illegal for foreigners lol, it'll never happen cus of the amount of money they make off it.

It costs a little more to run a game on a PC than a 360.

pr1s0ner

but there are a lot of PC owners who also own an Xbox, that would be a sizable market for Microsoft to lose.
They don't tend to miss financial opportunities : )

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i would hate this, I wouldnt mind perhaps a similar marketplace and perhaps a program that allows you to chat with xbox friends and vice versa but i wouldnt particularly want to game against consoles on a PC, perhaps optional private game modes

once i get a PC i will also have both and yes they will lose a large sum of money daily

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
It costs a little more to run a game on a PC than a 360.

Im not sure what your point is :D I wasnt talking about the cost to the customer, I was talking about the cost to the manufacturer.

but there are a lot of PC owners who also own an Xbox, that would be a sizable market for Microsoft to lose.
They don't tend to miss financial opportunities : )

If it is such a big market then do what Valve did with portal 2, if someone buys a copy for the console, they sign into steam (or whatever they want to use) activate their pc copy then go on the pc and download it. This atleast still means the person has to have a console.

I think giving the cross compatabiliy of games, or one time purchase is a great idea but it needs to be done in the correct manner, otherwise xbox will die out.

The main problem is that if for example Halo were to be playable on PC as well as Xbox, xbox would die out overnight. Halo is the single most important factor to xbox's survival, without it xbox would have gone bust a long time ago. Hence why even after saying the last one would be the last one, there is now another coming out lol.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i dont think it relies on Halo alone anymore, it seems to be CoD these days keeping people there, the CoD faggots think getting a rip off map pack 1 month earlier is a gods gift

perhaps microsoft are some what aiming for more people to go into PC gaming?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
i dont think it relies on Halo alone anymore, it seems to be CoD these days keeping people there, the CoD faggots think getting a rip off map pack 1 month earlier is a gods gift

perhaps microsoft are some what aiming for more people to go into PC gaming?

Cod doesnt help them that much, its bought by PC, Wii, PS3 owners as well as Xbox, plus the extra downloads mainly goes to Activision not microsoft.

Halo though is still easily the biggest winner for Xbox, got a friend working as a developer at Xbox currently and without Halo Xbox would according to him and what he has seen, almost certainly have lost out to PS3.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
how comes gears of war 3 is currently on track to beat pre-order records?

Forza 4 looks sick as well

there are other games that i have but cant be bothered to look at my collection

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
how comes gears of war 3 is currently on track to beat pre-order records?

Forza 4 looks sick as well

there are other games that i have but cant be bothered to look at my collection

Dont get me wrong, games may break pre sales records etc but Halo holds it together, without halo people would switch to PC for GoW and PC or PS3 for COD. Halo is the main thing keeping avid xbox people on xbox.

Forza is awesome, it is my favourite game, but only because im good on it :), I do play it too much to be honest, although I only race R2 on Forza 3, last time I check was still in the top 15 :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
lol im good at racing games, thats why i enjoy them

i still love to play NFS Underground 2, that was my fave racing game of all time, i loved it

favourite FPS is also Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, beats black ops any day, although CoD4 is probably better...

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Dont get me wrong, games may break pre sales records etc but Halo holds it together, without halo people would switch to PC for GoW and PC or PS3 for COD. Halo is the main thing keeping avid xbox people on xbox.

I disagree in your statement there. The majority of people i know have 360's and don't play halo, but stay with xbox cause it's miles better. The online service and play is so much better than ps3.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I disagree in your statement there. The majority of people i know have 360's and don't play halo, but stay with xbox cause it's miles better. The online service and play is so much better than ps3.

Yeah I agree about the online service being miles better, hence why I still have my xbox, and I also hate Halo lol.

But the figures have always shown Halo as the main factor for keeping xbox going. Without the revenue that Halo brings in (no matter what other people chose to keep their xbox for) xbox would no longer be around. Halo is the biggest game on xbox by a long way, I believe its a lot bigger than the cod franchise on xbox.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
But the figures have always shown Halo as the main factor for keeping xbox going. Without the revenue that Halo brings in (no matter what other people chose to keep their xbox for) xbox would no longer be around. Halo is the biggest game on xbox by a long way, I believe its a lot bigger than the cod franchise on xbox.

lol i hate halo too! LOl Hate cod as well!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lol i hate halo too! LOl Hate cod as well!

Join the club :D, I did enjoy the very last mission on Halo 3 I have to admit, where you drive the jeep across the breaking up Halo. But thts all i liked (maybe I liked forge too, because its not very often you give modding ability to consoles)

I dont hate cod, I like it less thn previous cods though. Cod 1 and 2 were the best, then 4 (mw), then 7 (bops), 6 (mw2), 5(wow) and finally miles miles behind 3, wot a piece of crap :D

LDUK

Master Poster
Actually, if it did play on both systems, why would it matter? PC owners that have 360's, can then sell or get rid of their 360. Not much of a big deal, saves a bit of room. The only downfall is Devs stopping develpment for PC games, which might not be true, because we haven't seen what Windows 8 is bringing to the game.
I don't think this will happen anyway, but I don't really know if there is much way to point out bad factors until we see what W8 holds in store.

gavcor

Bronze Level Poster
I dont see this coming off guys Microsoft has a big enough problem with people making illegal copies of games without the ability for people to use them in there PC's just opens up a whole world of issues for them.

Im a 360 user to but have to be honest the fact i can pay £4 a month to play playstation and get a massive amount of free content including map packs and arcade games does make me think microsoft is ripping people off with there £6 a month just for online gaming

Last edited: