would like some advice about getting a gaming computer

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What would be your suggestion for the top end? I don't really know that area of 4K
I'm mobile ATM and can't really do this level of search, but will post some goodies bit later on.

HDR is extremely beneficial, in any budget that supports it, HDR 600 is considered bare minimum with HDR 1000 being mainstream. The new ultra fancy monitors are HDR 2000 which must melt the face off, I'd love to see one of those up close.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm mobile ATM and can't really do this level of search, but will post some goodies bit later on.

HDR is extremely beneficial, in any budget that supports it, HDR 600 is considered bare minimum with HDR 1000 being mainstream. The new ultra fancy monitors are HDR 2000 which must melt the face off, I'd love to see one of those up close.
I think the only realistic HDR 1000 4K monitor on sale in the UK is the AORUS FV43U for £869, and it doesn't have amazing overall reviews (e.g. Rtings). I'm not sure there is a great option in this tier just yet...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There's an HDR monitor list here which you can filter by resolution. You want peak brightness of minimum of 600 nits for true HDR.

There is a general lack of stock everywhere at the moment for high end monitors at 4k 144Hz, but I wouldn't settle for something entry level and put in a pre order where possible.

We should also be expecting the new models announced at CES to be hitting markets shortlyish also.

Remember they had production halted just before christmas due to an earthquake and power outages

beilondon

There's an HDR monitor list here which you can filter by resolution. You want peak brightness of minimum of 600 nits for true HDR.

There is a general lack of stock everywhere at the moment for high end monitors at 4k 144Hz, but I wouldn't settle for something entry level and put in a pre order where possible.

We should also be expecting the new models announced at CES to be hitting markets shortlyish also.

Remember they had production halted just before christmas due to an earthquake and power outages

Yes I am finding it very hard to find one I like. Though I am probably not buying the build until end of march so I can wait and take my time choosing and pre ordering as you suggested.