PC Game Deals!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Surely not? They’ve done the unimaginable. They haven’t gone and made a MPFPRPSG? Sneaky gits.

Just doesn’t appeal to me, I’ll be playing Peggle (which I have got back into in a big way) on the old tablet whilst my son does his late night screaming.
The one that has me interested is the RTX upgrade to Portal 2, looks incredible! Me wants RTXness ness ness

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Surely not? They’ve done the unimaginable. They haven’t gone and made a MPFPRPSG? Sneaky gits.

Just doesn’t appeal to me, I’ll be playing Peggle (which I have got back into in a big way) on the old tablet whilst my son does his late night screaming.
Get playing Aliens, then you can have a father and son screaming match

CMP01

Enthusiast
The one that has me interested is the RTX upgrade to Portal 2, looks incredible! Me wants RTXness ness ness

A timely reminder, thanks. Was going to look into Portal 2 as a Steam sale buy but forgot. Tbh I did have a go at Portal back in the XB360 days and honestly, I really didn't get it. But tbf I was the guy that put 40 hours into Just Cause 2 without getting much into that game... but experiments like using a truck cabled to a helicopter as an aerial wrecking ball were fun (as was how the in game civvies would have meltdowns over my 'science' rampages... but I've had that therapy, I'm a better person now) Might be worth a go at Portal 2 now though.

CMP01

Enthusiast

Nothing wrong with Peggle. Was a time not so long ago in the great scheme of things, 2012-2015, when literally all I had for fun was a first gen AMD A6 laptop. Honestly it couldn't run much even then, and those better games it could, even from before 2012, were low settings and fps. So it was oldies (for the time) and the likes of Peggle that got me through some tough times. Popcap games were quite the rage back in the day though, my fave for years was Dynomite.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Yeah, from the store page: EXIMIUS is a FPS/RTS hybrid that focuses on squad-based combat. The game features an intense 5v5 multiplayer experience with each team comprising of 4 Squad Officers and one Commander.
4 Squad Officers and a Commander? No Grunts? No Sargents? Who is going to do all the work?
The Commander runs the show. Officers pass his orders down the line.
Sargents organise the actual job, and the Grunts do the shooting/get shot at/DO the actual job :D

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Elden Ring is 30% off in the Humble Bundle store with an additional discount for Humble Choice members (an extra 7% in my case!). So your price would be £34.99. Seems to be worth it given all the hype this year!

Speaking of Humble Choice, it's the first Tuesday of the month tomorrow, so I guess I'll need to create a new giveaway thread for the new year!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Sounded interesting so added to my GOG account, and this time no blame can be apportioned to @AgentCooper 😂
Let’s put this in perspective. You know me and my proclivities. It’s a scary game, no way would I be advertising it to my loved ones. But in spite of that, I wouldn’t want to stop you enjoying it… have fun cleaning the brown stains out of your chair 😫

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Let’s put this in perspective. You know me and my proclivities. It’s a scary game, no way would I be advertising it to my loved ones. But in spite of that, I wouldn’t want to stop you enjoying it… have fun cleaning the brown stains out of your chair 😫
Sounds more interesting by the second......... 😂

CMP01

Enthusiast
Ooooooo

Evil Within 2 is free on Prime Gaming!

Ooh. It's a good 'un. The series is second only to more recent Resident Evil (2 and 3 remake, 4,5,7,8) and in the same league as Dying Light (more fully open world, less outright scary) and Dead Space (old but gold)

I won't be a spoiler, Martinr36, but if you liked any of the above, there'll at the least be parts of The Evil Within 2 that will stay with you for a good while after like they did for me.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Kerbal is great! Due to its scientific accuracy when it comes to things like propulsion and trajectory, it’s probably really rewarding to someone with that kind of mindset. For an unstoppable moron such as myself, it’s hilarious to see how badly things can go wrong.

CMP01

Enthusiast

I don't always take Epic up on their freebies as some things I can't ever see myself playing.
However, I'll have both these. Shadow Tactics was damn good so Aiko's Choice (it's expansion) is bound to be worth a go.
Kerbal on the other hand is likely to be, for me, more like Just Cause 2. I may not ever reach the Mun but I will almost certainly generate the most awesome and expensive Boom! in Kerbal history. For 'science', obviously.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Free on Amazon Chicken Police - Paint it Red, looks hilarious

Game description on Steam

1673227031913.png

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Pre-order the new Dead Space before it launches later this month and get Dead Space 2 for free. Not a bad idea for those who aren't afraid to change their underwear!