PC Game Deals!

pr1s0ner

Isn't Steam always slightly different if you access it through another browser? If you want to play anything you have to login through theirs

PokerFace

Banned
I bought the CoH pack which I believe is 3 games (CoH, CoH: Opposing Fronts, CoH: Tales of Valor). I downloaded CoH and now in Steam it shows that I can play CoH and CoH: Opposing Fronts. Can anyone answer the following:

1) Can you confirm that these are 3 separate games.
2) How come 2 games appear to have D/L'd when I only selected the basic CoH.
3) There is only one shortcut on my desktop for CoH, why not two (one for each game, as I have for Splinter Cell for example)?
4) Do I need to set up an account with "Relic Online" in order to play single person, as I don't appear to be able to get passed the Relic log-in screen? If so, is that because of different game makers or something?

Cheers guys.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
It's been a long time, but having a glance at my steam library it is three seperate games.

to get desktop shortcuts... right click on the name in your library... theres an option there

And yeah im pretty sure you have to create a relic online account... i may be wrong.... havent played it in a while

PokerFace

Banned
It's been a long time, but having a glance at my steam library it is three seperate games.

to get desktop shortcuts... right click on the name in your library... theres an option there

And yeah im pretty sure you have to create a relic online account... i may be wrong.... havent played it in a while

OK, thanks DM. Have a couple of reps from me. :)

SrgColman

Enthusiast
CoH and CoH: Opposing Fronts are installed when you install CoH because I believe that Opposing Fronts was included in the Gold version of CoH and is the expansion pack to it. While it was a standalone game, it wouldn't suprise me that it downloaded the Gold Version of the game when you picked to download CoH. Same as FEAR1 does when you install it, it installs the 2 expansions if you have them even though I'm sure they are stand alone.

PokerFace

Banned
Thanks Colman. I noticed on CoH that there are some missions that will be unlocked when I purchase CoH: Tales of Valor. I have bought Tales of Valor, but I assume the extra missions will be unlocked when I actually download it. Is that correct?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I bought the CoH pack which I believe is 3 games (CoH, CoH: Opposing Fronts, CoH: Tales of Valor). I downloaded CoH and now in Steam it shows that I can play CoH and CoH: Opposing Fronts. Can anyone answer the following:

1) Can you confirm that these are 3 separate games.
2) How come 2 games appear to have D/L'd when I only selected the basic CoH.
3) There is only one shortcut on my desktop for CoH, why not two (one for each game, as I have for Splinter Cell for example)?
4) Do I need to set up an account with "Relic Online" in order to play single person, as I don't appear to be able to get passed the Relic log-in screen? If so, is that because of different game makers or something?

Cheers guys.

I have a disc copy of this game, so will try and answer.
1. When you load up the game, all 3 games are in the same game, click on the missions and they all should be there.
2. Don't know
3. Don't know
4. Yea I had that problem, I think you have to create a account with relic, its a pain to figure out.

hope this has answered some of your questions.

PokerFace

Banned
Thanks Tom,

I set up a Relic account so it loads fine now.

I'm getting password/username rage. It's hard to keep track of them all! Thankfully I've got my 'little black book' with them all in. :)

SrgColman

Enthusiast
I grabbed the Megadrive pack a while ago, but its a pity some of my fave games from the Megadrive arent on there D:

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
fear 2 £3.98

driver parallel lines £2.04

assassins creed brotherhood £6.99

dead rising 2 £7.99

battlefield 3 is around 19.99 on direct2play, talking to the livechat guys... it's just the standard edition... and the price is just for this month, and they'll send you the origin activation code on release day

they do sell the special edition (THE ONE with the extra maps and stuff) but its the equivalent of 32 quid.... >.< so if your wanting that, you may as well get it from the uk >.<

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
See, the thing with Stickies is that they contain useful information that mods/admins do not want to get buried under numerous new posts that are either irrelevant, spam or by [insert useless poster here]. This would be something like forum rules, or Gorman's favourite circuit board connectors...

However

This thread is spammed at least half a dozen times a day, so is in little danger of slipping below 4 or 5 posts, let alone off the first page (not least it will appear in the New Posts lists a good proportion of the working day...because we are posting in it nooooooooooooooow :D )

(Holiday mode working is like real working, just without the work...so holiday mode working should actually be called "ing" :D )