Photoshoped

crawlerbasher

Silver Level Poster
This is my first attempt at adding planets, I've designed the planet my self and I tell you it was not easy.

Bradford-City.jpg

I'll try and use a bigger picture and work on improving on it

BTW if anyone has any useful links to photoshop tutorials and 3D Studio Max 2010 I'd be interested in taking a look.

HMFC_Riley

Enthusiast
This is my first attempt at adding planets, I've designed the planet my self and I tell you it was not easy.

Bradford-City.jpg

BTW if anyone has any useful links to photoshop tutorials and 3D Studio Max 2010 I'd be interested in taking a look.

Looks awesome.

Think it would look alot better on something with a clear sky as where it intersects with the cloud is what "bothers" me about it but it's still very good.

How did you create the planet?

Quander

Bradford-City.jpg

That looks class - well done - like something you might see on a sci-fi series.

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
hello there

I highly recommend www.digitaltutors.com, if you have any spare cash, although there are free tutorials available.

I used them when I moved from 3dsmax to softimage and found them invaluable.

They (although I havnt used them for around a year so things may have changed) have a bias towards Maya, but there's lots for anyone interested in learning hi end apps.

Oh, btw, try the trial of vue 3d if they still do one, very easy to make planets and skys in that.

rgds

F

crawlerbasher

Silver Level Poster
This is a fan art of a Tarutaru from Final Fantasy XI using a tablet and pencil and paintbrush in photoshop

Tarutaru-800x800.jpg

This looks much better at 400x400 or less.

Last edited:

crawlerbasher

Silver Level Poster
I found it very hard to use the tablet and pen.
Pencil and paper not a problem, but this was not at all easy.
That's why it looks like a child's drawing. :rolleyes:

LDUK

Master Poster
This looks like a childs drawing lol. You should keep this up actually. Could be good!

waydal242

you should use the grass brush, and have one shade darker green and the other normal green and then it will be like real grass.
Anyway this is the only pic I did on my tablet. I find that if you draw on paper and then trace over ontp tablet it helps.

64ec436e7065b3c25e0cd58c43493266.jpg

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
Hello there,

Tablets do take a long time to get used to and are great for "proper artists" trasitioning to the PC/Mac etc.

Personally I just use my tablet for bling value and get better results with the mouse! (but then again, i cant draw if its not on computer)

Make sure you have all the pressure settings configured to suit you, the OOB settings are prob way off.

Rgds

F

crawlerbasher

Silver Level Poster
This is an idea I came up with.
And thats to make my screen shots on games I play look more like photographs.

So this one here is done in the style of a polaroid photo.

boat.png

Air-Warf-the-lancer.png

Last edited: